Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I consider my tC to be extremely reliable. When I turn the key, it starts. Its gets me where I expect to go.

I have been able to rely on my car to do what Scion told me it would.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Had the car for almost 3 months now.. been in almost every type of road types.. took the car on a nice drive this past weekend on some nice curvey roads.. couldn't ask for anything better..

·
Registered
180 Posts
It scored average...what's wrong with that? And plus, it's just the first year model, so it'll be bound to have some minor tweaks here and there. And the problems are probably minor things, like sunroof or small interior tidbits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You need to understand the information behind the rating.... As a reader of CR for 30 years, I have a little insight. For 2005 model year vehicles in general, there are very few "problems" in this day and age - most problems show up a few years down the road. So in the 1st year, it does not take much for a very reliable automobile to rate "average" if there are any problems in even oneof the dozen or so categories that CR looks at.

In this case, I suspect that the "body integrity" category dragged the overall rating down to average. (If you haven't heard about the rattles & squeaks in the rear hatch and moonroof, or possible problems with the wind deflector or moonroof glass, you have not been reading these forums very much.) I say "suspect" because I haven't actually seen the details of the ratings yet myself - that will show up in the 2006 handbook that comes out next month, and in the April '06 auto issue. Remember, the only thing that's really new about this car IS the body (the chassis comes from the European Avensis, and the drive train comes from the Camry - both proven commodities).

However, to help reduce your worries... CR actually reviewed the tC in its December issue (on newstands now) in the sport coupe category. While it didn't rank at the top (and for the particular evaluation criteria used, it shouldn't), it was rated highest in value, ride, and comfort, and high for a few other things. PLUS, it's one of the few cars they recommended. DRIVE AND ENJOY!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is not unusual for them to rate any new car as average. They are famous for that. Reports on problems are generally to small for them to make a determination on longer term. I am sure that the tc will be rated well above average by next years report. That will apply to the 05 model as well. I think it is still one of their recommended cars. Isn't that correct? As for me ..I get in it and it gets me where I want to go and I do not think about it. No worries.....

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Only 2 months for me, but I have had 0 Problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.