Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from work. After being at work all day, I get in my car, press the Clutch in ALL the way and start the engine. It makes the starting noise, but it didn't turn on. So, I turned the key back to off, and try again, this time it makes the starting noise for a quick second and then it starts. I feel that the car is on, so I hit the accelerator a little bit to see if the rpm is going up. It does go up, but it feels/sounds weak. I turn it off again and then turn it back on, and it was fine, like nothing ever happened..? is this something I should be expecting everyday after work? It wasn't even that cold today. It was fine this morning and it was much colder this morning then when i got off work. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong to my car.. ? Is this something I should be going to the dealership? I only have 2900 miles and wtf??? My mustang did this once it started getting cold, but my mustang had over 130k... i'm a little confused, this is my FIRST brand NEW car.. so I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Don't worry about it, i turned on my car yesterday and the same thing....with the clutch all the way in it didn't start. But once I started it again it was fine. Honestly, as long as it doesn't become a habit of the car, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I got a better battery and i do not experience this at all whatsoever and I have also hear that it starts right up with the flywheel upgrade

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a better battery? hmm.. that doesn't really make sense that a car thats only 4 months old should be having any types of problems.. i've looked into this matter and seems like some dealerships sell a battery cover. Blanket type of material that goes around the battery to keep it from getting "TOO" cold.. therefore not making the car start that way.. maybe its just the cold weather.. thanks anyways though

·
Registered
12 Posts
agreed with all above... just be thankful that your check engine light didnt come on 12 hours after you bought your first car and your dealer told you not to worry its normal...
that was fun ...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Originally posted by tC 4 me 2@Dec 17 2005, 07:16 AM
agreed with all above... just be thankful that your check engine light didnt come on 12 hours after you bought your first car and your dealer told you not to worry its normal...
  that was fun ...
I hope that wasnt the Scion dealership you're talking about... that is funny s***, lol. What car was that?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Originally posted by MustangJolly@Dec 16 2005, 02:05 PM
I just got home from work. After being at work all day, I get in my car, press the Clutch in ALL the way and start the engine. It makes the starting noise, but it didn't turn on. So, I turned the key back to off, and try again, this time it makes the starting noise for a quick second and then it starts. I feel that the car is on, so I hit the accelerator a little bit to see if the rpm is going up. It does go up, but it feels/sounds weak. I turn it off again and then turn it back on, and it was fine, like nothing ever happened..? is this something I should be expecting everyday after work? It wasn't even that cold today. It was fine this morning and it was much colder this morning then when i got off work. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong to my car.. ? Is this something I should be going to the dealership? I only have 2900 miles and wtf??? My mustang did this once it started getting cold, but my mustang had over 130k... i'm a little confused, this is my FIRST brand NEW car.. so I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.
I had the same thing a few days ago!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Nothing big.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it just happened again today, I'm beginning to wonder if the stock batter is not good enough to take the cold.. i might have to go talk to my dealer about that.. It's 3 months old..

·
Registered
542 Posts
i haven't had serious problems (with the stock battery) and i've been driving the last couple of weeks in temps around or below zero. a couple times at random my car has turned over quite a bit longer than usual, but it started fine

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well since you guys have answered his question, I have one also....Every morning I get into my car to go to work....I start up the engine and it makes a big thud noise like somethings exploding...sounds similar to when you put it in 1st gear and dump the clutch to kill the engine...Is this something I should worry about???..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.