Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I don't know if that auction includes everything you would need, but I do know that installing one of the more complex DEI alarms is NOT easy. Every time myself or one of my friends has gotten a DEI alarm installed, it has taken hours -- almost an entire day, actually -- and these are people who install these things all the time. Another thing to know about installation is that on DEI's Viper line, installation by anyone other than an authorized DEI installer will void the manufacturer's warranty. I don't know if this is true about their Clifford line as well, but it wouldn't surprise me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So my best bet is to just go somewhere and buy one and have it installed? Lots of places in my area give pretty descent military discounts so I could still get one for good price I would imagine. But I dont know.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
^^^ Based on my (somewhat limited) experience with alarms, that would be my guess. I was able to get my DEI Viper 550ESP alarm for $250 with professional installation at Hifi Buys (a.k.a. Tweeter), so the price really isn't that bad unless you start adding bells and whistles like remote start, having the windows controlled by the alarm system, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.