Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed that i can shift super smoothly when i keep my foot on the gas a split second longer before each shift. I used to release the gas completely before i clutch in and there would be lag between each shift and my shifts wouldnt be completely smooth. by keeping slightly on the gas for a split second longer as I clutch in, am i ruining the clutch or any other parts? i feel more vibration in the clutch this way compared to when i completely get off that gas so that is why it feels that it may not be good for the car. are u supposed to be feeling the clutch spinning and vibrating as you clutch in or is it supposed to be more dampened?

·
Registered
576 Posts
thats what i discovered is the smoothest way to shift, keep your foot on the gas, maybe let up SLIGHTLY as you shift, instead of getting off the gas completely.

Doesnt do anything bad to the clutch. It's worse to have the clutch tripping over the engine to get it up to speed when your not giving it enough gas.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Agreed. You just don't want to wear on the clutch as you release it. In general, your car will let you know if you're doing something wrong in one way or another and if your shifts feel smooth, its doubtul you're putting your car through alot of added stress.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
There's a simple way to tell if you are getting it right: a passenger should be completely unaware you've changed gears except the engine's note has changed. You should feel nothing but acceleration if you get it right.

·
Registered
339 Posts
thank you lo for again tellin it how it is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.