Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
'07 will be here in about a year. Maybe 11 months. Not sooner. '06 are pretty spiffy with new steering wheel audio controls and iPod-compatible HUs... Wish I could swap out these two things into my '05...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by bceagles05@Jul 30 2005, 11:41 AM
what i meant is the Scion showed on its website right now, is there 06 model right?
They are identical with '05, except for the head unit. And I think the scion.com now has '06 HU in the pictures.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yes, you are building an 06 on the factory site. the 06 pricing, features, accessories, and colors are up for the tC.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah the one that you can build yourself is the 06. If you look at the steering wheel you can see the volume controls, also the HU has the knob instead of the buttons...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, the 2006 Scion tC's are out now... I have one, just picked mine up on monday night last week.

The '05 and '06 models are basically the same. You get stereo controls on the steering wheel and that's pretty much it.

Usually the next year models come out June of the previous year. So, the '07 should be coming out sometime in June of next year.

By the way, I love my new Scion!

·
Registered
61 Posts
An add on...

The '06 also has some improvements from last years model.

Typically, brand new models of vehicles will have glitches and problems associated with it.

'05 tC's had a problem with the radio cover, and some rare problems with the manual transmissions (the car would pop itself out of 3rd gear inadvertantly). Also they changed the paint scheme a little bit. Some would say that this was done to change the problems they (Scion) were having with the paint chipping easily.

Hope all that helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, I 've only had the car for one week...

I love it. No problems at all.

A few complaints though.

The CD player (an easy fix later). Scion did a great job with adding the audio conrols in the steering wheel for the '06. The Pioneer deck BADLY needs a volume control knob. Constant hitting or holding the +/- buttons to change the volume can be trouble. I'm glad it has a mute button though. I can't seem to locate a "pause" button for the CD player yet, I don't thing one exists.

Other than that, I have no other complaints. Some reviews have said that the doors were too heavy, the luggage compartment doesn't hold jack...etc.

Let's not forget that the tC is a hatchback!

I didn't buy the car for trunk space and a lot of room. I bought it for the exceptional value, Toyota quality, and the amazingly fun drive. All of these tied in with the price, this car is for anyone looking for the most bang for the buck.

Being 21, most of us "Generation Y'ers" don't have a ton of money to buy a new car. Most of us are concerned about where we are going in life, and how we are going to pay our next bill. With that, Toyota's Marketing strategy with Scion ™ is a fresh breath of air for us young people. "Pure pricing", and it's "No-haggle" stance is just what we as twenty somethings are looking for. We may be young but we are not stupid.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox.

To answer your question, no problems.

I LOVE THIS CAR!

·
Registered
243 Posts
yeah i didnt like pure price at first, since i couldnt haggle (i am good at haggling) but then, after seeing the car dealership episode of seinfeld, i decided it was for the best. just so you know, its not that big a deal, at least not as big as scion wants you to think. even so the tc is a great car and im glad i bought it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by SteveHawaii@Aug 2 2005, 09:07 PM
I've had my tC for about a month and a half now. No problems, but then I only have 500 miles on it. Just got my new plates today.

Steve
A month and a half and only 500 miles....I have had mine for 3 weeks tomorrow and have over 2k on it! I still love my car with 2,000 miles on it..no complaints yet!

·
Registered
61 Posts
An add on from an earlier post.

I must recant my statement about the stock CD player...

To make a long story short, my '06 tC came with an '05 CD player in it.
The '06 stereo deck comes with a volume control knob... yay!
So, now I don't think I have absolutely any complaints.

'06 tC
Black Cherry Pearl
5-spd.
2-in-1 floor mats
800 miles in a week and a half!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I just traded for an 05 to an 06 tc and I love the difference plus I changed transmissions from an auto to a manual and I love the car now and especially te steering wheel controls, they are so handy and I love the whine that the first couple of gears give off when accelerating!

I love the new ones!

The one I have before was a BSP now I have an SSM, I love the color difference almost better than the BSP.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Aug 3 2005, 09:50 PM
and I love the car now and especially te steering wheel controls, they are so handy and I love the whine that the first couple of gears give off when accelerating!
I rented an Impala for a drive from NY to Chicago and it had wheel controlled volume. Now the tc has that, it's so nice.

Also, ditto on the whine. It makes it sound like a European sports sedan in some way (Audi). It whines but in a very refined way. That's the first thing I notice (also, the interior is so quiet)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.