Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 with 111,000 miles it's been wrecked (salvage title) and for sure needs passenger airbags. It throws passenger airbag codes. One mechanic I talked to seemed pretty unwilling to even mess with it. Seemed to think it's not worth the investment... Would you consider it if it was your car? Car isn't worth a lot but it's still a good car. Needs other minor repairs.
Considering salvage yard or ebay airbags too is that a viable option? How hard is it to find a mechanic to do this type of work? I'm trying to decide if I want to sink some money into it and have it be my sons first car or if I should sell as is and get something else.
Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
48 Posts
The SRS/Airbag, depends on you. Removing the entire interior to get to all the airbags isn't a light easy, walk in the park & task.

It's lengthy & a pita. Mife bought a 2007 Scion TC 2.4L auto from FB. She asked the guy several times if the title was clean, clear, no collisions, crashes, debt, lien.

He (thru messenger) the titl is clean clear & only needs a new battery cause it was sitting for 3 months & his girl wanted it gone & didn't have time to fix it.

Don't know if the guy was a wanna be wrencher/DIYer car guy or thought it would be cute for sh*ts spits & giggles or too much YouTube university makes it looks so easy to do or what. I spent several weeks/months finding all the problems he didn't know, didn't acknowledged or didn't care to deal with.

Spent $2,000+ on parts. To this day I bitch at the wife for buying & not consulting me 1st.

It's now in way better condition & street worthy drivable. Still needs both fron CV axles, transmission doesn't shift into 5th gear & rpms going highway speeds doesn't shift & drop down to the 2 or 3 thousand rpms.

I know it's the transmission but don't want to throw more money into it if it's gonna be more than what it's worth.

As for your SRS/airbags, you can just skip them & gonna have to get used to not having SRS/airbags in & working properly. You'll or the driver will have to be absolutely on the lookout to avoid being in a collision every time your Scion is on the roads/streets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts