Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my first post here.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a tC (I'm falling in love).

Quick question, how roomy is it inside? Do you feel like you have enough room? Do you fit comfortably? The reason I ask is cause I'm 6'4" and tall people have problems with smaller cars lol

I suppose it'd be ok if I was able to drive a geo metro for 2 years... no laughs please, and no I'm not that guy in the Simpsons who could only afford his small "auto-mo-biiile"

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!

I'm 6' and it is plenty roomy for me. I have had no issues at all. I've had had taller people in the back of my car without my seat adjusted for them with no problem they just don't get a ton of head room but that is why the rear seats recline a bit.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Head room in the back is easily fixed when they recline their rear (!) seats a bit - then everybody is like, "wow, this is comfy".

Front - being 6'4" you might want to drive with the sunroof cover retracted, cause otherwise you might be brushing against it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or stick my head out of it, lol

Well, I drive a '93 camry right now, and I read that the headroom is actually the same, so is the shoulder room. I also like the fact that the seat is adjustable up and down.

Is the steering wheel telescoped at all? Can I pull it to me farther?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The seat moving up and down should help some.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I test drove one today, but it was a bad experience.

The seat didn't go back as far as I'd like and the pedals were too close, I kept hitting the brake when I went to the gas.

Other than that, I loved the car. If only I were smaller.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by MadMardigan@Mar 6 2005, 08:24 PM
The seat didn't go back as far as I'd like and the pedals were too close, I kept hitting the brake when I went to the gas.
The pedals are no closer together than on the Corolla, the Camry, or any other Toyota I've ever driven. That's a Toyota thing, and it's a good thing -- decreases reaction time.

I wear size 12 shoes and don't have a problem, so I imagine that you'd probably get used to it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
When I test drove the tC last week, the first thing I noticed when I moved to engage first was that the pedals felt exactly the same as they do on my gf's '03 Corolla -- very close together. I kept hitting my shoe on the back of the brake pedal when coming off the gas, but I do that in her car when I first start driving it, but I get used to it quickly. It's not something you'll have to deal with. I'm 6'3" and wear size 12 shoes, if that matters.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You guys have some big feet. I'm 6'3" and I wear a size 11.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Originally posted by k9kreationz@Mar 10 2005, 06:46 PM
All this talk about big feet is making me all warm and fuzzy......
I'm sorry, did I just say that?
You know what they say about guys with big feet, right?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
No, they wear big socks. Gosh!!(in my best Napoleon voice)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
im a 14/15 and my feet get stuck all the time when im driving in boots, its pretty damn annoying.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.