Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hearing all the squeaks and creaks and sound of loose plastic parts and other things inside (whatever they are, i don't know) the car while driving -- is enough to prove that the tc is a cheap car? this is my first one. so i'm inexperienced and wouldn't be able to convince myself that this is normal for a first car. i'm starting to wonder, what if i've just gotten myself a civic si, a cobalt, or an rsx? would it be the same? or would i have made a better choice? i don't know, my friends. maybe i'll just let this one go and wait for the next car.

but when i'm outside looking at it, i feel different. it's so beautiful and i'm in love with it.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I have two tCs. One is dead quiet. The other makes a bunch of noises like you describe. It shouldn't. The only reason the other one makes noise is because I haven't addressed the noisemakers, however, you should be able to have the noises stopped by your dealership under warranty. There is no reason the car should be making these sounds.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
part of this contemplation is whether this is normal for a brand new car. well i guess i'm lucky with my decision if a person who can afford a supra prefer to decide as well.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I've been fighting the sunroof creaking for the last two days. Dealer "loctite" TSB did not do anything, so I decided to find out what's wrong myself. Took the roof off - drove around - no creaks. Took the deflector off, put the roof back - still no creaks. So I blame the deflector. BTW, if ever try this endeavor yourself - make sure when you tighten the sunroof down it's not pushed up by the deflector - otherwise the deflector will have a tiny gap where it touches the rubber and will start making scary howling noises when you drive over 30mph.

Anyway, for now I have two choices - get a warm garage, then I won't have any creaking in the morning, or keep messing with the deflector till I find exactly what causes it to creak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.