Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Scion dealer for my first consultation (gunna get one in a week) The Sale Manager was telling me about the other people who have bought there cars, and he had some pretty decent story, about people walking just buying TC's off the lot without a test drive, but what I noticed there were alt of girls who bought TC's. I guess my question is, Is a TC a chick car, or is the TC genderless? I'm really wondering how many guys, and girls drive these cars... So poll your gender and post something about yourself

Rob

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really wondering, cause i know atleast 6 girls and 1 guy bought the car from that dealer, and I have a customer at work whos female and she drives a TC, maybe it is genderless, maybe the car is a chick magnet

·
Registered
243 Posts
im already a magnet for chicks, but i guess a little help from my ride cant hurt

·
Registered
27 Posts
As a female and a car lover, I can say that the car is Genderless. A girl car is an Eclipse by far. The tC, which does have a "cute" look, is also a very sports tuned car. It's the type of car that can go either way. It is a larger coupe and most girls (at least from my opinion) like smaller cars. It's just like those little decorative, tiny boxes that you can't fit anything in. Girls think that it's cute, but the tC isn't that. If a girl gets a tC, she's smart and probably likes the moon roof more then anything. So.... to put it short (haha), I feel it's genderless.

(I know more guys then girls who have gotten it)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think this poll only applies to enthusiast ppl who are actually on this forum tho. I'm sure there are tons ppl out there that aren't as enthusiastic about tC the way we do unfortunately. I saw this one other girl who probably got hella confused when I waved to her in my tC and *cry* her tC was covered in layers of dirt and she swirled a rag over the rear window so she can see through it. My tC is not always the cleanest in the world but at least i use a squeegie for my windows. I'm sad but I think it's true that majority of girls don't care about their cars that much and go on this forum to poll their gender. But i'm glad i'm one of the few girls that actually care

Oh and I do like the moonroof but what got me was when I felt the car on the freeway on-ramp.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh, man, that freeway on-ramp feeling! That is what got me hooked on the tC, and I am a girl. My car seems to be a guy-magnet, so I think more guys have it than girls.
I've got brothers and I have always loved cars, but I am quite feminine, too. I am the only girl in my local car club, but I love my car as much as any guy, and I know a heck of a lot about it, too.
I just like fast, good-handling, well-made cars that also look hot. I started out in a '69 Malibu.
Now, it seems to me that the Mustang has become quite a girls' car. I never see guys in it, but I don't think the tC is like that at all.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Isn't there a poll thread called tC sex asking this same question with pages of replies?

EDIT

Oh snap! Here it is!

/EDIT

·
Registered
46 Posts
Male Here, The tC can be styled and modified to suit anyone, male or female, as far as I am concerned the tC is genderless.

·
Registered
56 Posts
GuMale her also. I thik the car is genderless. Some real chick cars are the eclipse, and the celica. I think that the TC splits the gender down the middle. I also agree with whoever posted that the majority of people that own these cars are not on these boards that we are. So it is real hard to get an actual poll.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just wanted to know how many girls drive this car, cause there are a bunch of girls around here with new TC's.... Guess it's hard to find girls who really know why they bought there car, instead of just thinking it looks cute.. Same with Guy, why do guys by the car, is it cause it's a 2 door sports compact 5speed?

maybe I should rename the post, "Is a TC Genderless? Why did you buy it? What made it stand out to you, other then being a cute Sport compact?"

or

"what MAkes your TC genderless, whats not genderless about it"

Thats all I really wanna know what makes a Girls's TC different from a Guy's TC, and dont say Auto or Stick

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, Just look at a VW Jetta 90% of girls drive it....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mite depend on where ya live i guess...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Female here and I have to say that the majority of TC's that I see in NYC are driven by females. Older females at that. I do see a few guys (who for some reason always want to race) but not more than females. Also, these NYC females are not very friendly. I honk and wave and some shoot me a nasty look and others just ignore me.
I guess there are many tc owners that aren't as enthusiastic about the tC.

Reason I decided on the TC had a lot to do with wanting a good looking sporty coupe. The newness of the TC was a big selling point as well. And the moonroof?? Gotta love it when the hair is flying out ~

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well...I'm a guy and I think it's pretty much genderless, I never thought of it as a "chick" car until I read this post, so thanks alot.

But um, yah, it's a great car and I've had nothing but compliments, people just tell me they aren't used to seeing me in it due to driving a truck...back to the subject...it's great for innies and outies.

Laters

·
Registered
542 Posts
why did i buy a tc? it can whip a honda civic and still costs thousands less than a it's nearest competition (when equiped with similar features)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.