Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was a discussion about iPods somewhere but seem think it turned to installing a new Alpine unit......

Anyone discovered the magic 'install' that incorporates the iPod with the stock Pioneer..AND handles the actual interface (e.g., playlists)?

So far....burning everything to mp3 CD's has worked but, if there's a logical iPod solution, it would make a very happy new year.

danka!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The TOY03-AUX is an auxiliary input adapter -- it allows you to use the proprietary CD changer connector on the back of the stock tC head unit to connect any device which can be connected using RCA cables.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
some adapters that use the cd changer connection allow controls to use playlists like cd's in the changer....I'm assuming from your first post that this one does not?

Researching iCruze, ICElink and iPod2car (which seems best for Scion/pioneer so far). Any experience?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look up the AuxPod, too. Seems to be $99, when I saw it. Frankly, I prefer the native interface on the ipod - easier to reach down and dial/click without looking than to get the right buttons on the in-dash head unit. $59 at certain sites for the toy03-aux adapter and an in-car charger if you want one for $20 or so.

Now, if there were steering wheel controls, that'd be a different matter. :-D

-Elentar

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'll be attending the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas next week and I'm sure there will be plenty of new additions to the iPod interface bandwagon. I do know for a fact that Pioneer will be on-board with a interface that will work w/ their aftermarket radios. I believe it will run about $150. I'll keep you all posted after I get back from CES.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman@Dec 31 2004, 06:44 PM
I'll be attending the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas next week and I'm sure there will be plenty of new additions to the iPod interface bandwagon. I do know for a fact that Pioneer will be on-board with a interface that will work w/ their aftermarket radios. I believe it will run about $150. I'll keep you all posted after I get back from CES.
Come by and say "Hello". I'll be leaving on Wed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Originally posted by JLTD@Jan 3 2005, 12:23 PM
Come by and say "Hello". I'll be leaving on Wed.
I'm leaving Tues morn at 6AM...oh, sh*t, that's in less than four hours...Anyway, I can come by the booth on Sun if you'll still be hangin round. I'll be stuck in sales meetings the rest of the time. Who should I ask for when I come by?? Sorry, don't know any other name than your screen name. If I don't see you, have a great show and we'll talk later on the forums. Well, I'm off to sleep now...got a long drive ahead of me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.