Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought the iPod compatable HU on ebay and I am planning on installing it into my 4Runner, and the only problem is I do not believe it comes with the wiring to attach the iPod to the HU. does any one know where I can get this??
thanks alot
Ben

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright i guess no one knows where i can get one. but mabybe you can help me with this. i got some wires supposedly out of another tC, there are two wires, one that ends in a little box with a door that opens that says iPod on it, and another that plugs into this and ends in the iPod dock connector. I assume i am missing a 3rd piece because this will not plug in anywhere on the HU, it seems that the plugs on the back are female while so is the end of the cable I have.
also there are two open connectors at the back of the HU , a small squarish one that I assume is the changer port, and a longer skinny one which im not sure what it is for (bazooka sub maybe) which one of these is the iPod supposed to connect to?

PLEASE I need help figuring this out. My Toyota dealer isnt getting back to me, and I know people on this forum know alot abou these cars.
i can send a pic if needed
thank you
Ben

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
alright ben. settle down.

you will need the factory wiring harness for a 2006 scion tC.
and you will need everything that comes with the hu.

best bet is to plug everything in. the ipod wiring connection for the back of the hu is the wide slender one. there should be another cable to plug into the ipod from the one that ends in a little box with a door that opens that says iPod on it.

i will check this out a little further but, i think this should be everything. when i get a chance to check at work.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply, i have the cable with the box and the door that says ipod one one end, but the other end is not slender, it is a chunky female rectangle i also have the cord that plugs into the box with the door that ends in the ipod dock connector, so it seems as if there must be 3 parts to this cord and i have only 2, or like you said maybe it is a part of the factory wiring harness that i dont have
thanks
ben

·
Registered
520 Posts
I know it's late, but I figured I'd chime in incase the next new tC owner has the same problem I had. The cable that connects the ipod to the input in the console is a bear to find if you need to replace it. My parts department had to call corporate to get the part number. It was $65 ( yikes ) but once you have it, you gotta keep it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.