Scion tC Forums banner

should scion make a ipod accesory for the 2005 tc model?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Why? If they do they will charge youa bout 400.00 for the equipment. You can get the stuff you need for about 200 from crutchfield. Its not a standard feature from what I am being told.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Why not use the FM transmitter built for the ipod? A friend of mine had one and I saw him work it on a rental car. The sound was pretty decent. You could just jam the ipod in the little cubby and drive on down the road!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do have the fm transmitter the connects to the bottom of the ipod and charges it , works ok . but gets static and i have to turn the radio up to like 50 or 55. then when i got a radio station or cd its blarring .

·
Registered
339 Posts
i think they should for all you 05ers out there :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have tried all of the FM transmitters and they all sucked for me. In my area I would get static or sometimes it wouldn't pick up a station. When it finally did work like i twas supposed to the music quality was crap. FM is not CD quality.

Those FM transmitters are picky in different cities, go to cnet.com they have a lot of reviews on all the ipod accessories

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im tired of waiting to see of scion will have an ipod adaptor for the 05 mod. so I got a great deal on a Aux to car adaptor and it came today the harness should come tomorrow ill post some pics of the install .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by dmksaved@Jun 17 2005, 04:02 PM
well im tired of waiting to see of scion will have an ipod adaptor for the 05 mod.  so  I got a great deal on a Aux to car adaptor and it came today the harness should come tomorrow ill post some pics of the install .
Here are pics of the instal of the aux 2 car adaptor .. be very thankful I had to pull out the head unit again since i didn't take pics when i was installing it .

I got a great value from cardomain.com with open box Aux2car for 48 bucks . the cables cost around 20 bucks .
Intalled in about 30 mins .
Here are links to get this .

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PERPXDX --not openbox regular price 119.95

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PACABTOYT

http://www.cardomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=PACABTOY

·
Registered
675 Posts
unfortunately no.. scion made sure that you had to buy their version of the tuner, and couldn't get a cheaper one from pioneer. I wonder if there are adapters out now that would allow a factory to aftermarket tuner to work..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wiretunes sucks , whey would i want to control my ipod through the head unit if i cant see the songs, i bought one installed it and then returned it .

right now i am thinking about Harman kardon Drive+ Play thing .. has anyone used this ?

let me know ..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.