Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the iPOD option in my '06 tC.

Directions in the Audio Guide are vague at best.

I can't seem to figure out how to initiate the slection once I've gotten there..

MENU>ALBUM (or ARTIST)> press the center of the selector button and it doesn't select my selection...???

Do I have to unplug the iPOD and selct what I want to hear first, then plug it into the audio system?

This would seem kinda dumb if so...

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
868 Posts
No, you never have to touch the iPod once it's connected in the armrest. I had a little trouble when I first started to play with mine too. You just have to Firmly, yet slowly push in on the right button. As seen below:

So you'd push it once for say artist, then move the same knob to the right to scroll until you find an artist you want to listen to. So, now the head unit says "Atreyu", now push the button again, and now you're in the album selection. Scroll to the right, find an album, "The Curse", press the button in, and now you're at the song selection for the album. Press the button in one more time, and it will play that song, and then the rest of the album.

Just takes some getting used to. It's no iPod, but it works rather well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So you'd push it once for say artist, then move the same knob to the right to scroll until you find an artist you want to listen to. So, now the head unit says "Atreyu", now push the button again, and now you're in the album selection. Scroll to the right, find an album, "The Curse", press the button in, and now you're at the song selection for the album. Press the button in one more time, and it will play that song, and then the rest of the album.[/b]
Ok, so say that you clicked on artist, and it was the wrong one and you need to go back, what button do you press to go back?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc1990@Dec 19 2005, 02:20 PM
So you'd push it once for say artist, then move the same knob to the right to scroll until you find an artist you want to listen to. So, now the head unit says "Atreyu", now push the button again, and now you're in the album selection. Scroll to the right, find an album, "The Curse", press the button in, and now you're at the song selection for the album. Press the button in one more time, and it will play that song, and then the rest of the album.
Ok, so say that you clicked on artist, and it was the wrong one and you need to go back, what button do you press to go back? [/b][/quote]
From my experience you have to scroll through all the artists again (from the beginning) to find the artist you accident'y skipped. This is one of the features I hate that it resets to the beginning of the list (be it playlist, artist, album). I wish you could just push the knob up and it would return to the list where you left off last.

At any rate it took awhile for me to get used to, but now that i'm all settled I don't even listen to the radio. I still have the presets that the dealer set.

If I'm wrong about anything I posted feel free to inform me and the masses...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by tCrease@Dec 19 2005, 03:34 PM
From my experience you have to scroll through all the artists again (from the beginning) to find the artist you accident'y skipped. This is one of the features I hate that it resets to the beginning of the list (be it playlist, artist, album). I wish you could just push the knob up and it would return to the list where you left off last.
i never have that issue with my iPod, when i hit up after selecting an album/artist/playlist, it brings me back to the one i selected and i just continue through the list

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by josurr@Dec 19 2005, 10:42 PM
i never have that issue with my iPod, when i hit up after selecting an album/artist/playlist, it brings me back to the one i selected and i just continue through the list
Ahhh...I wonder if its the version of the ipod. I have a 4g 20gb not Photo. What are you using?

·
Registered
88 Posts
One complaint about the radio is that you can't sort your music by genre using the head unit. You would have to disconnect your ipod and select the genre you want and then reconnect it. Thats kinda dumb. I also think its kinda stupid that you cant control your music right from your ipod when its connected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.