Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and hopefully after tomorrow new to the tc family.

I have a question for anyone who added the iPod connector as an option. Do they install this option at the dealership or do they have to order an tc with that option?

·
Registered
242 Posts
i wouldnt get it, spend 5 bucks and buy a cheap cable at radio shack, does everthing the ipod connecter does. if your concerned about battery life, buy another ipod, its still cheaper then the ipod connecter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by prehensile@Aug 19 2005, 09:10 PM
$5 cable from radio shack? More info please.
Yes I was wondering the same thing, does the stock radio have a audio input jack?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Originally posted by LuCiFer6+Aug 20 2005, 02:03 AM-->QUOTE (LuCiFer6 @ Aug 20 2005, 02:03 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-prehensile
@Aug 19 2005, 09:10 PM
$5 cable from radio shack?  More info please.
Yes I was wondering the same thing, does the stock radio have a audio input jack? [/b]
he's talking a 1/8" stereo plug (miniplug) to 1/8 " stereo plug (miniplug) cable.. to hook the headphone output up to the AUX input of the regular 06 headunit.. instead of spending all sorts of money to do the same thing for the upgraded radio just to see the text of the ipod on the headunit.. i'd save the money too..

so that was the cable at radio shack he was talking about.. that's if you have the '06 headunit.. (the one with the center knob)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.