Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there's been a long list of discussion with the stock stereo and ipod hook up. If anyone's tried to plug the 2.5mm cable into the headset jack, you'll notice that you cant hear anything, and barely anything with the volume cranked.

Having said that, I have an inexpensive solution that I'd like to share. Plus, you dont need to spend $250 on a new stereo HU, or some gadget at Best Buy that'll cost you about the same.

So I give you The iStore

Now for the real meat. Take the pocket dock - line out and couple it with the firewire car charger and you have yourself set.

Granted you wont see text on your HU, but who cares?!? You get your ipod connected and you're ready to go. I bought both of these and it's been a lifesaver. I think that the final price for both was less than $55. The firewire plugs into the pocket dock for charging, and the pocket dock goes into your AUX stereo input for sound. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zoltiz - not that i'm ripping on that... I dont need playlists or anything different to use what I have in my car. Each to his own - and I'm just putting another option out there.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Your "simple" option requires a $50 aux-in for '05 tCs.

But it's good to know you can have two 3.5mm outs on one iPod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.