Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 06 tC a little over a week ago and did the iPod upgrade which the dealer installed. It works great and I’m really pleased with the car so far. The only thing that I just discovered is after I disconnect my iPod from the car, the backlight on my iPod no longer functions. If I reboot my iPod, it’ll function again until I plug it into my car again. It’s really more of an annoyance than anything else, but I was curious if anybody else has experienced this.

My iPod is a 10gig 3rd generation that is running the most current firmware available.

·
Registered
868 Posts
My backlight comes on after I disconnect it too, but only for as long as it normally would say I touch the scroll wheel.

Which gen ipod do you have? And what is your time-out set to for the backlight? Mine is 2sec.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's funny actually, Scion says it's Apple's problem and Apple says it's Scion's problem. I have had my 3G 10Gig iPod for 2 years now, and now that the new iPod video (20 hour battery life!), it might just be time to upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.