Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just joined up and this is my first post. The name's Bill (obviously) and I live in so cal. Just ordered me up an 06 in Nautical Blue. Got the ground effects, pedestal spoiler, 18in wheels, TRD exhaust, taillights, etc... Should be here in three weeks to a month. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to wait. It's like Christmas eve every night and I just can't fall asleep! Anyone here installed the springs with the 18's? How's the clearance? Also, I'm 6'2" and I noticed on the test drive that I had little head room. Had to recline a lot to fit well. Anyone else notice that?

Anyway, it's great to be here! Hope to meet up with some cool peeps!

tC Bill

· Registered
493 Posts
ummm.....seat ratchets down to the floor, try that first

· Registered
46 Posts
^^^What he said...

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by tC Bill@Aug 7 2005, 01:17 AM
...Anyone here installed the springs with the 18's?  How's the clearance?...Anyway, it's great to be here!  Hope to meet up with some cool peeps!

tC Bill
Welcome to the site!

I have 18s and have the TRD springs without a problem; since you got the 18s from Toyota, which are a higher offset and narrower than my 18s, you should definitely have no clearance problems. I'm using 8.5 with +35mm offset and it's incredibly close, but no rubbing.

-Ed

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by EddNog+Aug 7 2005, 08:11 AM-->QUOTE (EddNog @ Aug 7 2005, 08:11 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-tC Bill
@Aug 7 2005, 01:17 AM
...Anyone here installed the springs with the 18's?  How's the clearance?...Anyway, it's great to be here!  Hope to meet up with some cool peeps!

tC Bill
Welcome to the site!

I have 18s and have the TRD springs without a problem; since you got the 18s from Toyota, which are a higher offset and narrower than my 18s, you should definitely have no clearance problems. I'm using 8.5 with +35mm offset and it's incredibly close, but no rubbing.

-Ed [/b]
Thanks! Finally someone who's actually friendly!

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Eric@Aug 7 2005, 11:08 AM
Welcome

I moved this to the Introductions forum for you...
Thanks Eric!

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by phungy@Aug 7 2005, 11:25 AM
Welcome Bill. Hope to see pics of your sexy tC soon.
Thanks! I'm sure I'll be posting lots of pics!

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.