Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having an intermittent problem with clutch resistance? Sometimes mine is incredibly light and buttery smooth, and sometimes it's much more stiff and resistant (and almost "scrapes"; it's very difficult to describe). I told them about this when I brought it in last time and of course, "it feels like every other one on the lot". It is a totally random and intermittent problem - and it may not be incredibly obvious at points . However I drive this car at least 2 hours daily (9000 miles), and I know when it's right and when it's wrong. Anyone else?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I blame it on myself usually. Maybe couple of years from now I'll be able to tell if it's my fault for not being smooth, or the clutch's...

·
Registered
409 Posts
me neither, my clutch is smooth, i just get sometimes the weird resistence when shifting to reverse which scares the bejesus out of me but thats normal, yah go to another dealership and ask them to check it out, you don't want ot have a problem with the clutch when driving, *maybe one of the ppl on this board work at a dealership near you, im sure they would help

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (phammerz @ Oct 7 2004, 02:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16808
me neither, my clutch is smooth, i just get sometimes the weird resistence when shifting to reverse which scares the bejesus out of me but thats normal, yah go to another dealership and ask them to check it out, you don't want ot have a problem with the clutch when driving, *maybe one of the ppl on this board work at a dealership near you, im sure they would help[/b]

I just took my tc in for something similar. last night the clutch went crazy stiff (it felt like a stage 2 that a friend of mine has on his tc... way stiffer than it should be considering that my tc is still stock), and would not disengage and let me shift without repeated pumping. it would gradually soften up during this and eventually permit the shift, but it has been doing this ever since. thankfully I know how to shift without the clutch (not a habit mind you... an emergency technique). needless to say that getting to the dealer this morning was an adventure in stopping as little as possible. it's still there, and I hope to know what it is and if it's covered by my warranty by day's end.

I think this is a symptom of something funky with the master or slave cylinders, as the clutch was fine up to last night - no signs of excessive wear or slippage, engagement point still pretty close to the floor etc. anybody have any ideas?

oh yeah.. I apologize for resurrecting a dead thread...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts