Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has the plastic near the center counsil. Weather its automatic or manual, it still can sometimes get scratched.

A good idea is to never clean it with a paper towel, always a soft cloth towel.

Alright, so I searched and no one really talks about this.

But does anyone have any home remedies for polishing and cleaning up that scratched plastic.

On my ipod, I was told to use brasso, which works wonders. But thats ipod plastic.

??Feel free to comment and talk??

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
hmm. i dont know about polishing them out, i guess it depends on how deep it is, like with any other finish. if it is on the silver finish, and you cant get rid of them another way, there is an auto interior "paint" called SEM. it comes in a variety of shades, including a a very very close match to our OEM finish. Alpman has used it on his tC to change all the trim inside to match with his stereo install, and it looks really good. there is at least an option i know about.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't know of any good solution to the problem. I noticed early on that the hard plastic door pulls get a lot of scratches real fast. I tried Mothers Back to Black but the results were less than outstanding. Same problems with the hard plastic stuff in the interior of my Xb...there is just more of it in the boxy one...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.