Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
No clue, I was actually wondering myself (just for the cupholder though)...but I have NO idea when it comes to electrical wiring, etc...so it's probably best that I not give it a try.

The last thing I need is to burn my tC to the ground b/c I wanted some purple lights in my car. Hehe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't know about neon lighting but you might want to check this out for cathode lighting: www.randode.com

Is supposed to be really easy and I plan on buying a kit whenever the dealer calls to tell me to pick up my tC.

·
Registered
54 Posts
All you need for neons are 12V and ground. You can run your 12V wire to the unused grey plug near your fuse box. I think it's the orange wire, but probe it with a digital multimeter just in case. DO NOT USE A TEST LIGHT if you enjoy your airbags in the nondeployed location. Ground it to any part of the chassis. This will allow your neons to turn on with your parking lights.

The cup holder illumination...yeah. Go to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
imho, i don't think the lights are necessary, and the dealer installed option is simply not worth the money. Sure it looks kinda cool, but how long is that feeling gonna last? What if you get sick of em? Also just to point out the difference, the dealer installed lights are LED's, and you guys are talking about cold cathode tubes, which can be a pain and are more expensive. LEDs RULE!

·
Registered
54 Posts
you can get leds from Circuit City for $15. Agreed - leds are much better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have one 15" Cathode under each seat...well one under each side of the dash and one on each side of the back where your heals would be when you're sitting down. 4 StreetGlow OPTX Series, something like $25 each and $35 for the controller for up to 16 (yeah, right) neons and makes them pulsate with music if necessary. I've had mine for almost a year now and havent been sick of them one minute, there's always someone who hasn't seen them before. Just my .02,

p.s. i didnt pay that much for mine, that up there is "original price"

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^^ Got any pics? just curious to see what your set up looks like..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anybody have any opinions or actual experience with the differences between the various interior lighting options available for the TC?

The three options I'm considering are:
Toyota available unit PTS21-21050-08 (-05 for red) $125 for OEM from Partznet
LED option - no experience with these
Randode cold cathode setup ~$100
Street Glow cathode option (same as setup randode is using i think)

Also does anyone have any experience with controllers that allow the lights to pulse with the music. The unit I am looking at is StreetGlow ANHLS-Combo for about $50 bucks. I know you could pair this with the Street Glow Cathode options.

·
Registered
793 Posts
No clue, but I'd love to have info on that, as well.

I like the Randode set-up I saw on eBay...but haven't seen the Street Glow option.

Also, I hadn't even THOUGHT about a controller yet...but I'm thinking I'd rather NOT have the pulse with music. Is the controller something I could get later on down the line, if I change my mind? I mean, would I have to go through the install steps all over again, or is it something that just plugs in pretty easily?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedPrez@Sep 17 2004, 07:38 AM
Does anybody have any opinions or actual experience with the differences between the various interior lighting options available for the TC?

The three options I'm considering are:
    Toyota available unit PTS21-21050-08 (-05 for red) $125 for OEM from Partznet
    LED option - no experience with these
    Randode cold cathode setup ~$100
    Street Glow cathode option (same as setup randode is using i think)

Also does anyone have any experience with controllers that allow the lights to pulse with the music.  The unit I am looking at is StreetGlow ANHLS-Combo for about $50 bucks.  I know you could pair this with the Street Glow Cathode options.
that street glow flasher is made for headlights. i dont know if it could be adapted for use with cathodes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts