Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know some of you were looking for a nice product to detail the interior with. Because of the "bumpy" design of our dash boards, its hard to find a product to go on smoothly. Today I purchased some Megquires plastic/trim detailer, its called "Natural Shine" and comes in a red spritz bottle.

Ive found with dash's like ours its not so much the product you use as it is the application method so I went a little different route and bought some Turtle-Wax micro-fiber clothes. The slighly fluffy design of the cloth makes it easier for the Meguires to apply itself evenly over the ridges and valles of the small dashboard and side-panel texture. The Meguires smells fresh, and is UV protectant.

After applying the first layer evenly, I let it dry for about 30 mins and went over it again (the initial application will be absorbed into the dash). Now it is very even, looks great and doesnt have that horrible reflective shine of Armoral. I higly reccomend it to all of you!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice tip...Thanx. I was using a vynil/leather cleaner but the cotton cloth leaves lint. I use the microfiber cloths for wax removal. I'll have to buy a new one for the dash.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Jul 25 2004, 11:43 AM
Hey guys, I know some of you were looking for a nice product to detail the interior with. Because of the "bumpy" design of our dash boards, its hard to find a product to go on smoothly. Today I purchased some Megquires plastic/trim detailer, its called "Natural Shine" and comes in a red spritz bottle.

Ive found with dash's like ours its not so much the product you use as it is the application method so I went a little different route and bought some Turtle-Wax micro-fiber clothes. The slighly fluffy design of the cloth makes it easier for the Meguires to apply itself evenly over the ridges and valles of the small dashboard and side-panel texture. The Meguires smells fresh, and is UV protectant.

After applying the first layer evenly, I let it dry for about 30 mins and went over it again (the initial application will be absorbed into the dash). Now it is very even, looks great and doesnt have that horrible reflective shine of Armoral. I higly reccomend it to all of you!
how shiny does it turn out? could you post a pic if you have one?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by nae02etc+Jul 25 2004, 02:41 PM-->QUOTE (nae02etc @ Jul 25 2004, 02:41 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-TCrazy
@Jul 25 2004, 11:43 AM

how shiny does it turn out? could you post a pic if you have one? [/b]
I will try and get a pic for you tommorow. I would describe the shine as something you wouldnt notice unless you did it yourself, it just makes the dash look ummmmmm vibrant and fresh instead of greasy/oily and reflective.

·
Registered
66 Posts
pics TCrazy? I was going to head to Autozone in the morning and pickup the Megquires....

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 124AM@Jul 28 2004, 08:15 PM
pics TCrazy? I was going to head to Autozone in the morning and pickup the Megquires....
jeesh, im SO sorry about that. Ive been swamped with work........and I just havnt had time:( Ill try but for now youll just have to trust me on this one!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Megquires makes great products but what is everyone going wax wise? I was going with megquires gold but whats everyone else using?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Jul 31 2004, 09:22 AM
Megquires makes great products but what is everyone going wax wise? I was going with megquires gold but whats everyone else using?
www.zainobros.com use z1 and then z2

It has a better shine and optical clarity than mequires but lasts months not weeks and is UV protectant. Just read through the site

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Looks sweet, tcrazy. thanks for the tips

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Jul 31 2004, 10:15 AM
Looks sweet, tcrazy. thanks for the tips
anytime.......its VERY hard to tell the level of shine in those pics because they were reduced for upload. But, you get the idea (that the Meguires doesnt have that cheap looking shine like armor all).

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
the pics are nice. Is this stuff sold at local auto places or do you order online?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Meguires is a well-known company, so it should be available at your nearest auto zone joint.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Meguires "Natural Shine" is WELL recommended. Thanks to TCrazy for the tip. I havent tried it on the tires though...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Meguires makes a tire shine that lasts weeks, high endurence shine i think its called. i used it on my jeep's 31inch mudders and they stayed preetty shiney for what i put them thru.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Aug 7 2004, 04:11 AM
Meguires makes a tire shine that lasts weeks, high endurence shine i think its called. i used it on my jeep's 31inch mudders and they stayed preetty shiney for what i put them thru.
i use that also but currently, i have discontinued using it on the tC. The low-pro tires like to fling the gel (no matter how long you let it "dry") all over the car, so until i find a product that does not do that I will not be using a tire shine.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Aug 7 2004, 07:25 AM
i use that also but currently, i have discontinued using it on the tC. The low-pro tires like to fling the gel (no matter how long you let it "dry") all over the car, so until i find a product that does not do that I will not be using a tire shine.
Thanks for the info TCrazy... its good to know that the tire stuff gets on your car...

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy+Aug 7 2004, 07:25 AM-->QUOTE (TCrazy @ Aug 7 2004, 07:25 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-QuadinScionTC
@Aug 7 2004, 04:11 AM
i use that also but currently, i have discontinued using it on the tC. The low-pro tires like to fling the gel (no matter how long you let it "dry") all over the car, so until i find a product that does not do that I will not be using a tire shine. [/b]
I've ordered a can of tire shine spray from shiningmonkey.com and will let you know what I think once I've had a chance to try it... they claim no fling, no sling, no spitting, so we'll see

·
Registered
793 Posts
I used the Teflon tire shine on my old car and didn't have any problems with flinging (that I noticed).

Haven't tried it on my tC yet.....gonna' give her a nice bath today and get the tires ready, so I'll let ya' know then.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts