Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 2 weeks away from my delivery date of my new Flint Mica Tc and I am trying to find out the best way of integrating my IPod. I have been so used to just using a tape player adapter in my old car but I want something really clean and cool in my new baby.

When I mean best I mean reasonably cheap and clean. The least amount of free wires the better.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know of a deck that has the same amber color as the instruments in the car? I would like to keep it all the same.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Keep the stock deck and get the aux adaptor. Search for XM threads on this forum - people hooked up aftermarket XM receivers using PIE or some other AUX-in adaptor. Works great.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
PIE TOY03-AUX here's the most popular part for AUX-in for our units. Google it for the list of retailers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can't seem to find a thread on how to install the aux-in converter. Might have been on another sight. does anyone know of a link or could someone explain the steps and tools needed to install it? Thanks

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/files/

Look up XM install manual, you will need to do the same thing with the dash (as in take it apart, pull out the HU, connect the AUX-in adaptor, and put everything back together. Tools required: 10mm socket and philips screwdriver. Time: approx 30 minutes if you want to route the wiring nicely.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by ANTH521@Oct 25 2004, 01:53 PM
thanks zoltiz!
Hehe. Doing all I can to support DIY car tuning

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by poejeters@Oct 25 2004, 01:29 PM
When I mean best I mean reasonably cheap and clean. The least amount of free wires the better.
I opted for the AUX-POD.. got it from CarDomain

PAC Aux-Pod iPod Interface/Controller

just read up on all the features it contains..

no more cd-playing for me.. now I just gotta work on filling up the rest of my
40 gb hard drive

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
WOW. Does that thing control the iPod via stock HU? That's amazing...

PICS! (Especially if it shows track names on the HU).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 25 2004, 05:21 PM

it claims too.. lol..

i'm waiting on a part i had to order from Toyota.. #08695-00370
cd-changer control i believe?!?

should be here tomorrow.. then i'll attempt to hook it up and try it out..
i'll try an *extravagant* install later on.. for now i just wanna hook it up

hmmm.. not sure if it will display the track info on the HU.. would be cool if it did

i know they have special iPod adapters w/ some alpine units that do all that and
i heard that there's development for one w/ Pioneer units

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I think I am going to look into adapting the stock HU. But those other options are pretty tempting....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by n3ro+Oct 25 2004, 02:28 PM-->QUOTE (n3ro @ Oct 25 2004, 02:28 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-zoltiz
@Oct 25 2004, 05:21 PM

it claims too.. lol..

i'm waiting on a part i had to order from Toyota.. #08695-00370
cd-changer control i believe?!?

should be here tomorrow.. then i'll attempt to hook it up and try it out..
i'll try an *extravagant* install later on.. for now i just wanna hook it up

hmmm.. not sure if it will display the track info on the HU.. would be cool if it did

i know they have special iPod adapters w/ some alpine units that do all that and
i heard that there's development for one w/ Pioneer units [/b]
you can only use the HU to browse through the tracks . . . it won't allow you to browse the playlists/genres/etc . . . so you're still gonna have to use the Ipod controls

·
Registered
730 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Oct 25 2004, 02:52 PM
This is soon to be in my tC along with this headunit.

These are THE solution.
That is the EXACT setup I have in my tC. The kewlest part is that you get full access w/ ID3 tags on screen and never even have to look at or touch the iPod. My iPod is in my center console! Awesome setup!!!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman+Oct 27 2004, 11:18 AM-->QUOTE (Alpman @ Oct 27 2004, 11:18 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Oct 25 2004, 02:52 PM

These are THE solution.
That is the EXACT setup I have in my tC. The kewlest part is that you get full access w/ ID3 tags on screen and never even have to look at or touch the iPod. My iPod is in my center console! Awesome setup!!! [/b]
that headunit should pump out plenty of volume without an extra amp right? i want good loud sound on the times i feel like blasting it but at the same time have no need to have the world hear my music.

·
Registered
730 Posts
It should suffice for most average people. I've even added a small sub and amp to one of these units and it keeps up just fine. Use the built-in electronic crossover set at about 35-40 Hz to filter out the sub bass from the rest of your speakers and it will help reduce distortion too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by jospam@Oct 26 2004, 07:58 PM
you can only use the HU to browse through the tracks . . . it won't allow you to browse the playlists/genres/etc . . . so you're still gonna have to use the Ipod controls
yeah i found out after i installed it.. it sucks.. oh well it'll do for now until i
upgrade my HU.. most likely to an Alpine with that Ai-Net control.. maybe
the IVA-D300

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman+Oct 27 2004, 08:18 AM-->QUOTE (Alpman @ Oct 27 2004, 08:18 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Oct 25 2004, 02:52 PM

These are THE solution.
That is the EXACT setup I have in my tC. The kewlest part is that you get full access w/ ID3 tags on screen and never even have to look at or touch the iPod. My iPod is in my center console! Awesome setup!!! [/b]
how much did you guys get the whole setup for? did you use that $50 off coupon on that website?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts