Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i want to purchase a coldair intake for my 2006 tc so i was wondering which brand is good and WHAT SOUND each makes, i was thinking about a INJEN RD COLDAIR INTAKE so what do you guys think? is it loud? i have no idea wtf im talking bout lol, so please help me thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I personally think that all CAI will give you the same sound for the most air. It'll be that nice lil ' psssss sound along with a deeper throaty sound from the motor as you increase in RPM. I have the Injen intake and I like it a lot. One reason would be that it's a two piece kit so you can change it from cold air to short ram. I currently live in SC where it rains a lot so for the mean time I'm keeping it a short ram until I move to a dryer Cali where I can then attach the cold air piece. The last thing you want to do is have your motor suck in water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey I am also planning on getting a cold air intake but im not sure which one I should get, like if I get the off brand $80 cai off ebay will it do the same as the weapon R or injen intake thats $250-$300?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Go for the Injen. Proven results, quality manufacturing.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Proven as in tested by both the company and enthusiasts. I was referring to "tested" over the "off brand CAI from ebay"

·
Registered
102 Posts
krdshrk's said it right. If you do go looking into a cheaper brand...more than likely you're gonna have a problem with the fit. It just won't mount up currectly, the pipe bends will be off, etc.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Dec 15 2005, 02:33 PM
Proven as in tested by both the company and enthusiasts. I was referring to "tested" over the "off brand CAI from ebay"
You are right on that one. Actually, there's a thread on one of the other sites about a tC owner whose engine was supposedly destroyed by metal shavings from his Weapon-R intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.