Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
well like ALL engine modifications, your gas mileage will differ whether being improved or decreased..depending on the mod of course..you will see an improvement in overall horsepower, but not significant enough to notice vehicle improvement..the reason for an intake is to suck more air into the engine..cooler air is more dense, so stuffing cooler more dense air particles into the engine gets you the HP increases..

when u sed behind the engine, did u mean like a short ram intake? A short intake sits higher up in the engine bay while a cold air intake sits lower in the engine closer to the bottom of the engine bay to suck in the cooler air while you're driving..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What i meant was when i was looking at a lot of the images the cold air intake was sitting onto of the driver side wheel drum ... i dint think it would be able to capture enough cold air to operate correctly there. My friend has one on his comarro and its way up in the front

·
Registered
339 Posts
how does the intake perform mongus? how does it sound and all? can u notice an increase in hp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.