Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do plan one day with in a year to a year and a half to have the trd S/C, I just have other mod's in mind and plus I want my car payed off in full first. I'm thinking about an injen intake for now. Do I need to keep my air box or does the trd kit come with a whole new intake system? Already have a catback, am I really going to feel a difference with an intake? What would you do if you have this option?

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Comes with a new airbox I believe. I would keep the OEM airbox though; you never know youmight need it some day. If you planon buying the SC, why even waste the 300 dollars. Go lower your car or do something useful. You will end up just taking the intake out.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a lot of suspension suff as of now (all trd). Looking now at performance or exterior mod's like the lip kit and a kaminari hood. I can't wait to see how my new axis mod's are going to handle (20lbs), driving on mushy snow tire right now. But you're right, why buy the intake. It's just going to be a while before my car gets boosted.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
if that 300 bucks is burning a hole in your pocket, might i recommend a lightened flywheel? it would cost a bit more to get installed if you cant DIY, but it is a super solid mod. i run a fidanza flywheel and the supercharger. did the flywheel first, it is a noticeable and worthwhile swap from the OEM.
also, if you are thinking supercharger, you may also want to factor in a replacement BPV as the OEM is suspected of leaking under boost.
or, a nice clutch kit. ACT and TRD both have them, you may want to consider that with the supercharger as well.
but, yeah, no intake. useless, really.

· Registered
466 Posts
its like 60 shipped or something like that

· Registered
274 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else. If you're going to get the s/c an intake will be a waste. It cannot be adapted to the s/c without modification. I don't know about you but I wouldn't be to quick to cut up a $230 intake. If you really have to spend the money listen the inevitablegod and get a clutch and/or fly wheel. Personally I think you should start saving for the S/C now and try not to let the money burn a hole in you pocket. Just my $0.02.

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Or, You can donate the $300 dollars that is burning a massive hole in your pockets to the ALaS's Cancer Fund. Help me live my brothas!

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Originally posted by josh_trdsparks@Feb 10 2006, 10:47 AM
I have to agree with everyone else. If you're going to get the s/c an intake will be a waste. It cannot be adapted to the s/c without modification. I don't know about you but I wouldn't be to quick to cut up a $230 intake. If you really have to spend the money listen the inevitablegod and get a clutch and/or fly wheel. Personally I think you should start saving for the S/C now and try not to let the money burn a hole in you pocket. Just my $0.02.
This is why TRDSparks rocks!

· Registered
192 Posts
or if you really want it you can buy the intake now and always sell it later.... someone will want it....
although i would agree with everyone else

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Feb 10 2006, 10:13 AM
Or, You can donate the $300 dollars that is burning a massive hole in your pockets to the ALaS's Cancer Fund. Help me live my brothas!
now there is a worthwhile cause.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How easy is it to install the BPV and will it void any warranty. I really could care less about any warranty, the TRD s/c gives me peace of mind with the modest boost and all the R&D that went into it. Basically, I don't want to screw up anything doing the swap myself. Now if TRD would cut the $$$ on the kit any time soon... A guy can dream....

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
replacing the stock BPV is pretty simple. no, it wont void your warranty.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Click here for what the best tuners think about solid pulleys.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
we need to sticky that thread. it is getting referenced more and more frequently.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.