Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i ordered the K&N on january 18th, its been on backorder and they still have no idea when it will come in. I saw a few video clips, Zoltiz thanks!, And im pondering canceling the intake, and ordering the TRD exhaust. I know neither will give me a more noticable gain, and i think i would be more satisfied with the sound of the exhaust over the intake. The only reason iam leaning more towards the intake is that winter isnt quite over and snow/salt is all over the place. I should probably wait untill its gone to put the exhaust on? What you guys think???
Thanks

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I would wait. Salt does nasty things, even to stainless steel. The less the exposure the better.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
they are minimal. i never expected to feel any when i put it on and it may be all in my head but i feel a little more oomph in the low end. nothing amazing but a slight difference.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i think the gains are very small, so i would probably gain more with the intake.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Mar 4 2005, 09:10 AM
currently all the headers that I know of void the warranty
And that will always be true, for all practical purposes, unless TRD produces one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you would want to to the intake with the exhuast. that's the way to the most power if u're only doing those two items. in conjunction they work the best. also-one thing to note. if they say the exhaust gives u 8 hp and the intake give you 8hp, don't think u're gonna have 16 extra horses. realistically you might get 12 in total.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by yellot00tr@Mar 23 2005, 11:41 AM
you would want to to the intake with the exhuast. that's the way to the most power if u're only doing those two items. in conjunction they work the best. also-one thing to note. if they say the exhaust gives u 8 hp and the intake give you 8hp, don't think u're gonna have 16 extra horses. realistically you might get 12 in total.
^^^I agree.

I have the WR Intake, Borla Complete Exhaust System and my Megan Headers should be here this weekend. The combination is what maximizes power and eliminates friction.

Everything is going to void the warrenty on those systems..but I dont care

·
Registered
39 Posts
So if you end up voiding your warranty for doing a header does that void everything or just that. I think I need to read my warranty. does anybody know main mods that will void the warranty. Because a header is something that I thought about doing. So any help on that would be great.

I would get an intake and someking of full exhaust not just an axle back that is just so much money to do so little gain.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Changing headers is probably going to make it impossible for you to get warranty service on any engine, fuel system, or exhaust system component.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
True, but if you blow up your engine, they're going to blame your header right away. I might too if I were working in a dealership and you showed up with a blown engine and a header installed.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by CS05tC@Mar 25 2005, 03:22 PM
i thought exhaust wasnt covered anyway. Kinda like brake pads. They just have natural wear so you cant warranty it.
The exhaust system isn't a consumable part like brake pads. Most of the major components fall under the standard manufacturer's warranty.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Actually I think that the exhaust is a consumable since it rusts and the heager is not since it is in the engine compartment. Its up to your dealer though. If they feel like they will lose you as a customer they will do a goodwill claim and fix it for you. It depends on the dealer and how good of a customer you are(how much money you spend there). Second I just talked to the service manager at my dealer. He said that any aftermarket parts will not void the warranty persay. Something would have to go wrong directly related to the part. Example: the Cai filter comes apart into the motor. Wouldnt be covered. Luckily there is a porter who has a tricked out tC already working there. He said to beware that the cat is in the header and most aftermarkets headers dont include this. The result is the check engine lit is permantly lit. Good luck.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You're dead right about the dealer/service manager. It will be their call first. If you have a good relationship with the guy, you'd be amazed what he can do for you. If you're just Joe off the street, it probably won't be so good.

Usually an O2 simulator will fix the CEL if it's just the second O2 signal setting the code. I've heard of some OBDII problems with aftermarket intake manifolds and headers because the flow parameters fall outside expected values. Same thing for porting. Without knowing exactly what code is being set, it's hard to say if there's a simple fix or not.

In the Midwest, exhaust is definitely consumable. Here in California's central valley, a stock exhaust can last indefinitely. Midwesterners hate to see pictures of California cars underneath because they look new even after 15 years on the road.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.