Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the exact performance gains with the TRD cold intake used with the TRD exhaust?
I'm buying a new tC soon and I would like to know if those TRD parts are worth it. Thanks in advance, Kenjamin

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Not much gain. Mainly a sound/looks mod.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jan 23 2006, 02:35 PM
Except that you're lighter in the wallet.
No that your wallet would notice being loaded and all.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jan 23 2006, 12:35 PM
Nothing noticeable.

Except that you're lighter in the wallet.
Weight reduction in the wallet...so there is a difference!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Definately agree - no horsepower. But if you do it right, better fuel economy. I can get about 34-35 miles per gallon on the highway with those two mods that I put on myself. I noticed it immediately after the weekend i installed both.

If you get the cold air intake, DO NOT let the dealer install it, and if you do, make sure you take it apart and throw away the retarded plastic cover/satin pouch your air filter is wrapped in. It kinda defeats the purpose.

As Well, IMO - the exhuast isnt that loud, which i was happy with.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Really? No one has reported mileage that high ever. Is this a guesstimate or carefully calculated?

·
Registered
69 Posts
total guesstimate based on the trip meters we all have in our ODO

i drive one way to work about 45 miles. i fill up every sunday, and make it to the following sunday driving to and from work, and then some extra bullshit on saturdays and during the week.

last week when i filled up my trip meter was close to 500, maybe 480-485. so thats about 33 mpg.

keep in mind i also use the highest octane gas, and set the cruise control the whole way to work at 55mph.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Try calculating it. I bet you get no more than 32 mpg and that would be entirely on cruise at 55 mph.

Octane makes no difference to mileage. The engine wants 87. Feed it 87 and get best performance. Anything more is just wasted money.

·
Registered
530 Posts
hmm, i'm not sure about intake, my car is bone stock. i just recorded over 32 miles per gallon on the way to vegas trip from LA. yes it was carefully calculated. =D

back to the topic, light wallet means less food. weight reduction there!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I believe it can be done, for sure. I've even managed to break 30 mpg myself recently. I've adjusted my cruising speed down a little, and it helps a lot. Still I've seen 29 crusing between 80 and 85. Not all bad, just very little acceleration or deceleration.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Lance, I've hit 35mpg with the air conditioner on cruising at between 75 and 80 traveling East in Illinois in the dead of summer. It is possible atleast on my auto.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I got 55 mpg in my Supra between Lincoln, NE and Council Bluffs. IA. I had a 35 mph tail wind the whole way. I wouldn't call it indicative of Supra fuel efficiency in any way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.