Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's make this the official insurance thread.

How much do you pay (by month, 3 month, 6 month, or year)?
How old are you?
What company?
How many previous accidents or moving violations?

GO....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah for some reason the tC has strange insurance rates... it depends on some companies, some are resonably priced, and others are crazy. I pay $230 a month with Unitrin Direct with a yearly contract (2760/yr), I'm 19 years old and I've had no violations or accidents ever. It's more than alot of other cars but its def the cheapest rate I could find.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I pay every 6 months 588.00
23 yrs old (soon to be 24) been driving since I was 17
Nation Wide
Clean record. Though I have added on my insurance Car audio equipment for 15.00 extra and rental car reimbursement. So if my radio equipment gets stolen I get 2,500 dollars to go replace it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
-500 every six months with discount if paid all 6 months up front or it would have been close to 700 if paid monthly
-26 years old
-progressive
-one speeding ticket and at fault accident

BLsurfer, yes it varies from company to company but it also depends on the state you live in, some states require some parts of the policy while other states dont. I know some people who would list their addresses in another state at their relative's house just to avoid certain part of their policy they require in their own state.

their's no spell check?

·
Registered
113 Posts
-$$140 a month ...
-24 yrs old...
-hartford insurance group
-2 totaled cars and a few minor accidents

(99 mercury cougar was at fault & 87 chevrolet caprice wasnt at fault)
-many speeding tickets
(worst-99 in a 40)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
21 years old paying $840 every 6 months with Gieco and a 'clean' record....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice. thanks for the info guys. i'm insurance shopping while i'm tC shopping to make sure i can afford this thing all the way around. i have to be able to keep liability on my jeep in case i accidentally run over top of and crush a civic on the highway on the way to a trail lol

·
Registered
515 Posts
Geico has the highest rates every! They were going to raise my insurance 110% not drop it!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm 41
$499 / 6 months
No tickets, my last accident was over 10 years ago
GA Farm Bureau
I think I'm getting a bit of a multi-car & educator discount.

Don't know if this is a standard or something, but the agent told me that the tC had, I think, a 13 rating.

·
Registered
16 Posts
13 out of I don't know...just know the higher the # the higher the rate. I think he said my 5 year old wrangler was a 12, same coverage (before I dropped it back) was costing me $425

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Way too many variables for comparison.

Marital Status
Number / type / dates of accidents and violations
Zip code
Coverage limits
Deductibles
Coverage options
Mulit-line and other discounts
Credit score

These comparisons are worthless.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, that's why I offered the #13 rating ...I assume that's a "standard" and, if so, would be the only variable that you could use for comparison. I don't know a lot about insurance...but if someone does...........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.