Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first car and one of my first mods to it. I am very hesitant to do anything wrong as you can see, lol. I had my car sound proofed (black sticky stuff on the bottom of the car). I can not get the old exhaust off, the problem is the rubber things on the end of the metal rods that go threw the rubber holders. Can anyone who has done the this mod do a complete walk threw. I am completely new to this and I know it is an easy mod but I am very hesitant. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

Eric

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I was just as hesitant when I did mine. I'm pretty sure Ray (courrier11sec) can attest to that, as I gave him more than a couple of calls during my install.

Anyway, here's what I remember:

It's easier if you have another pair of hands to help, but not entirely necessary. First, I unbolted the exhaust, which was a little tight, and even made me question my righty-tighty lefty-loosy skills. Anyway, then I went ahead and tried to get those hangers off, first by spraying on some WD-40, and then by holding down the hanger, while my friend pulled on the exhaust, while careful not to hit the car. The install itself was fairly easy, as the new muffler smoothly slid into the rubber hangers after all the WD-40. That's pretty much all I can remember right now, but I'll let you know if I can think of anything else. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you put those black stopper looking things back on the end of them and do you put the springs back on where you bolted the exhaust???

Thanks a lot,
Eric

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by the springs, and as far as the "stoppers", they don't actually come off as far as I know, which is why it's such a b!tch to get the whole hook off.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So for the Injen exhaust do you just put the metal hanger through the rubber hanger and it wont come off? As for the springs, I looked under my car today and saw some spring looking devises by the bolts where the muffler comes off. Thanks for all your help Pharoah!!!!

Eric

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Oh I think you may mean the gasket. I just left mine in there. And yes, you can just put the metal hook through the rubber hanger, and it'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pharoah, I have to say, I love you!!!!!

Thanks for helping me through this.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Oh yeah. It was a royal pain to get my stock exhaust off those hangars. I took a set of huge tongue & groove pliers and squeezed the metal bar part through the rubber hanger.

^^ one of those.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by buderic@Dec 26 2005, 07:54 PM
Pharoah, I have to say, I love you!!!!!

Thanks for helping me through this.
lol, no problem. These installs can be a b!tch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.