Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know whats behind the black plastic knockouts in the front scoops?

I'm going to install Piaa 1400 Ion Crystal Foglights.

I'm wondering whether a metal mouting bracket will have to be fabricated.... I could just mount them to the plastic knockouts, but I'm keeping this car for the long haul.

Thanks

K

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I dont think there is much behind those black inserts. Don't quote me on that, and you man need to remove the splash guard for installation... but I'll be interested to see how your install goes!

·
Registered
299 Posts
me too... i'd love to see how it turns out.. cause i'd like fog lights there as well...

·
Registered
228 Posts
good luck, man.

that's the only logical place for fog lights... i don't understand how come scion make the holes for the lights and put the lights somewhere else :S

·
Registered
299 Posts
i saw a tC with the fog lights at Scion Exposed in philly this past weekend.. it definitely looked pretty lame where they go now.. i think the front two scoops would definitely look better with fog lights

·
Registered
70 Posts
yea...im gonna kinda have to get foglights there cuz my right scoop's inset is kinda knocked out lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by rangerk@Oct 9 2004, 01:22 PM
I'm going to install Piaa 1400 Ion Crystal Foglights.
Any progress installing the PIAA 1400s?? I was web-window-shopping and found interest in those same lights.

-K

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry dudes. The damn deer and the delay in getting a new bumper has put the fogs on hold for now. The only bright side is the knockouts in the scoops pop off easily..... one fell off when the deer met my bumper.

I'm hoping for Mid Dec. now.

K

Lyme disease, Human Granulitic Erlichosis and Damage to your Scions! Three Good reasons to have a longer Deer Hunting Season!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I installed PIAA Ion crystal Fog 1400's in the front scoops. The black plastic piece falls out easily, HOWEVER one has to take the inner front wheel wheel liner off to gain access. We mounted the fogs to the outer edge of the scoop. We cut out one of the blank switch panels to the right of the light adjustment switch and put a toggle led switch in. Don't tell CHP, I can run my fogs and high beams at the same time.

As it began raining hard the fogs definitely helped on the drive home tonight.

If I have no rain tomorrow night I'll try snapping a few digital photos, but the lights look killer! (Way better than the sucky OEM ones bleaggggggggggh!)

Dodging the deer,

K

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'm anxious to see pics!

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I got some cheap lights off of eBay that look identical to the PIAA 1400s and couldn't get them to work... wasn't too happy 'bout that

Normally I'd want to go w/ a good brand, but a rock must have hit my Catz on my Celica & one of 'em got discolored from the moisture, so figured why spend the money if I might just have to replace it soon anyway? ...guess I know the answer to that now

**Edited to mention that the seller is sending me new lights w/ a fed ex label for the ones that didn't work... hopefully the new ones will...

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Can we get pics please??????

·
Registered
19 Posts
did you get the pics yet?? Everyone wants to see....

·
Registered
70 Posts
i just bought these things http://pilotautomotive.com/pilot2ds.htm
they look really similar to the piaa ones, and ill be installing them probably tomorrow or so. The stock coloring is probably amberish, so ill be changing that to a white H3 bulb sometime :>

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
That looks like a really nice install. Can't wait for some nite time pics. Any info on how well they light the road up for you? I still wish either Scion or some other company would make a fog that is completely designed to fit in that area and flushly.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts