Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just installed the Injen CAI and everything went fine. I started it up for the first time and it ran fine. I took it down the driveway and started to go up the street and that was it. It took one single gulp of air and bogged down and died. Now it won't run at all. I double and triple checked all the hoses, but couldn't find anything loose. Wasn't all that many hoses to worry about anyway. I'm stumped. This is the story of my life though. Simple things turn into effing nightmares.

Anyway, if anyone thinks they might have the answer I'd sure love to hear it.

Bill

·
Registered
225 Posts
yea i think the the intake is clogged or its not sealed properly causing a leak in compression process. Iono im a newb, but in auto class in Hs these were some reasons car's wont start, only thing i can think of for intake.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
You didn't leave any screws or anything inside it, right?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You didn't suck up water did ya?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So just for the hell of it, I unplugged the MAF sensor and it started and idled. Still doesn't like air though. Little bit of gas and it totally choked on it, and wanted to die. Taking off intake.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If he removed the MAF and it runs... then it isn't hydrolock.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah... I just installed last night. Pretty dry. Got the thing started by unhooking the sensor. Pulled off the intake and checked for blockage. Put it back on... Got it started.. barely. Had to feather the pedal for about 3 minutes until it would idle. Drove it around my street real slow. I'm guessing that the computer is having to learn the new air flow and it's taking a while. I got it on the freeway and it runs good but if I get into it at all it kinda flattens out or bogs. Definately a performance blunder. Picked up much better before the intake. I dunno. If I can't figure it out, that's sad. I'll just put it up on ebay and put the oem shtuf back on. Man... what a waste.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OH! I forgot to add that my throttle response has a nice little delay now.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Maybe you damaged the MAF sensor?

·
Registered
868 Posts
This is why I don't do anything to my car myself. Take for example what I like to do, which is tinker with my computer. The average idiot would never overclock their cpu, gpu, ram, or play with voltage settings, etc. I do, because I have a fairly decent understanding with how it all works. Cars? Hah. I know how to change my oil/fluids/tires. That's as far as it goes. Would I like to know more? Yes!! But I'm sure as hell not about to start figuring this stuff out with a $20,000 car. And honestly, at least when I tear my computer down I don't get all dirty. Also, having taken and passed the A+ hardware exam from CompTIA, I feel really confident when I take the side off my case. Cars..? Blah.

Anyway, my point is that this is exactly why I'd just take my car to my dealer and pay more to know it's done right (hopefully anyway), and keep my waranty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.