Scion tC Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You still use BOTH O2 sensors. The primary goes in the header, the secondary screws into the eliminator which screws into the s pipe. You can use an antifouler like foques said. If one dies not work, you can "stack" 2 of them for 10 bucks.
so defiantly don't have an eliminator on the 1st 02 sensor? bc the only way i can get it off is if i take the entire header off.

·
Registered
413 Posts
so your light is still on then?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
so your light is still on then?
yep i cleaned the MAF re set the ecu let the car idle for 30 min drove 45 miles and it came right back on. now i was looking around and ppl were saying that i shouldn't have a cel eliminator in the first o2 sensor

·
Registered
189 Posts
yep i cleaned the MAF re set the ecu let the car idle for 30 min drove 45 miles and it came right back on. now i was looking around and ppl were saying that i shouldn't have a cel eliminator in the first o2 sensor
Thats because you shouldn't. It should go on the s-pipe like everyone has been telling you. I will tell you the reason for it again. With your stock header there is a catalytic converter on it which reduces the airflow before it reaches the O2 sensor in the s-pipe. Now when the header is swapped with one without the catalytic converter now there is no change in the airflow and the sensor detects that and there is your CEL. You place the CEL eliminator so that it tricks it into sensing the change in airflow and eliminate the CEL.

I don't mean to sound like a d1ck about the next comment but if every single person on here has been telling you to do the exact same thing and not what you have done, why havent you listening to anyone? You don't have enough common sense to do the advice you were asking for so I don't even think you should bother modding your car because you will keep coming back here asking questions over and over again without following our advice on how to solve it. So either do what we have told you and solve your issue or just take your header off and sell it and be done with it. Didn't wanna be an a$$hole about it but your issue should have been solved a long time ago if you did what you were told.

·
Registered
413 Posts
its all in this thread too haha just re-read it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
the car is finally fixed! took the cel elim off o2 sensor 1 kept the anti fouler on o2 sensor 2. cleaned maf again car is running perfect.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Finally!!! haha

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Finally!!! haha
ik hahaha ive been hiding the cel from my dad he's like if these parts r gonna cause problems take them off and he wants to use my car tomorrow haha. told u 3rd times a charm. I'm gonna post a pic of what i had to do to the cel eliminator its useless now its in 2 pieces but saved me about a hour bc i woulda had to take the entire header off to remove it.

·
Registered
2011 Scion tC
3 Posts
Thats because you shouldn't. It should go on the s-pipe like everyone has been telling you. I will tell you the reason for it again. With your stock header there is a catalytic converter on it which reduces the airflow before it reaches the O2 sensor in the s-pipe. Now when the header is swapped with one without the catalytic converter now there is no change in the airflow and the sensor detects that and there is your CEL. You place the CEL eliminator so that it tricks it into sensing the change in airflow and eliminate the CEL.

I don't mean to sound like a d1ck about the next comment but if every single person on here has been telling you to do the exact same thing and not what you have done, why havent you listening to anyone? You don't have enough common sense to do the advice you were asking for so I don't even think you should bother modding your car because you will keep coming back here asking questions over and over again without following our advice on how to solve it. So either do what we have told you and solve your issue or just take your header off and sell it and be done with it. Didn't wanna be an a$$hole about it but your issue should have been solved a long time ago if you did what you were told.
Here https://gmbbodyforum.com/japan-cars/toyota you can know more information about car japan cars.
thanks for this post, my problem has been fixed too.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts