Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty happy with the parking lights, but as for the cubby hole light, I was expecting it to be a little bit brighter. I was thinking about changing my dome lights to blue to accent the overall interior blue lighting, but then there really isn't a point in having a dome light since you can't really see anything if they're blue.

with flash

night shot

day shot

with flash

without flash

I took some DIY pics while I was doing it, so if you guys are interested, let me know. It wasn't that hard, so I didn't see a point in posting them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I want to do my cubby hole blue to match my footwells, was it hard?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if there's a way to replace the whole light and use halogen bulbs for the cubby hole. I remember seeing someone replace their whole dome light with a blue halogen set up. It looked... bright.

·
Registered
224 Posts
looks good, looks just like mine

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
How illegal are these? They look great.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Pharohz@Mar 30 2005, 06:40 PM
How illegal are these? They look great.
haha, they're probably very illegal. But when I turn on my headlights, I barely see the blue. It's not like I drive around at night with just my parking lights on.

I'm bidding on a pair of sylvania silverstars, so I'll take some pics with those in when I get them along with the blue parking lights. And I'm sure the blue parking lights still won't show up as much with the silverstars.

·
Registered
224 Posts
if you wanna see what it looks like with aftermarket bulbs and the blue parkin lights check out pics of my tc under the title "A FEW PICS" posted by BlackTc and you'll see what it looks like

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey dude!!! what an amazing !!!!
Great.... !!!
how did u do that....i couldn't pull parking light out....
could u explain more detail and show us how to install with more pics?
i want it all !!!
where did u get parking lights and cubby light?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by spyelf@Mar 31 2005, 06:48 AM
hey dude!!!  what an amazing !!!!
Great.... !!!
how did u do that....i couldn't pull parking light out....
could u explain more detail and show us how to install with more pics?
i want it all !!!
where did u get parking lights and cubby light?
I got them from http://www.superbrightleds.com. Cubby light was #74 and for the parking lights, I got the 6-led wedge base bulb type 194/168. Those were like 3 bucks each, and the cubby light was about 1.20.

As for pulling the parking bulbs out, you have to rotate them to get them out like the head lamp bulbs, but they're a little harder than the regular lamp bulbs. If you look at them from the outside, you can see the little wedges that keep them in place. If you don't get it, I can go take some pictures and show you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.