Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a set of In-Channel Auto VentShades & it looks great!!
Pics will come shortly after I finish the dishes & cleaning out the kitty litter.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The install was very easy & turned out awesome! They don't stick out like most of the other vent shades do.
Ok. Here come the pics....

First... Wipe out the window channel with an alcohol pad or two (they're very dirty) wait for it to dry.

Then... Remove the 3M backing of the tape so it sticks to the inside of the window channel.

Then... Start by sliding the edge closest to the mirror into the channel & work your way to the back....

At the half way point, bend the rear so that it goes into the window channel & slide it upwards into the channel. Then firmly press it into the channel. Roll the window up & down 5 times & when the window gets to the top "Help" the window go all the way up as not to put any strain on the window motor. Leave the window up for at least 72 hours so that it has time to stick & mold itself into the rubber in the channel.

In-Channel Ventshade for Sale

·
Registered
17 Posts
i like the look of that, looks real good. How much do those run, and where did you buy them. Also have pics that are a little further away, like a whole side shot of the tc.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I got them from eBay $30 + $12shipping... I shopped around and that is the cheapest for the tC anywhere.
I will try to take more pics as soon as I get the chance.. it's supposed to rain for the next few days.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Those don't look as crappy as I thought they would.

I hate how the rain just pours in even with the window sightly cracked. So, you got me thinking about using that Christmas money...

late

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
I had them on my Corolla, and they really didn't look bad. Being a non-smoker though, I think I can do without them on my tC.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a smoker thing but most of all it's a rain dripping thing.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll try to take some better ones tomorrow if the weather allows.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Dan you need them - they look very nice.

And I'm still smoke-free. 6 months as of now

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for the pics and instructions. I may get some put on this Spring. It gets SOOOO hot here, it would be nice to crack the windows and not worry about a rain shower popping up & getting the car's interior wet.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are some daytime pics. It rained earlier. For the smoker's.... there's not much clearance when the window is cracked to "flick" but other than that... I love them!!! As you can see we have them on the Tacoma too (to the right) & those are "stick-on" ventshades

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.