Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea.

I've heard that the Injen Cold or Short Ram intake performs way better than the AEM. I believe that the EIS model is even interchangable.

Would the AEM Air Bypass Valve work on the Injen Intake?

I can't find the diameter of the two pipes.

Do you think it will be a waste and just block more air?

·
Registered
197 Posts
i used one on an obx intake... but i had to cut the piping. it doesnt block air at all as its basically another intake filter

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have an AEM bypass valve on my injen CAI. works fine.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by smeres@Jan 25 2006, 05:53 PM
I have an idea.

I've heard that the Injen Cold or Short Ram intake performs way better than the AEM.  I  believe that the EIS model is even interchangable. 

Would the AEM Air Bypass Valve work on the Injen Intake?

I can't find the diameter of the two pipes.

Do you think it will be a waste and just block more air?
I would hope the Injen intake would perform better than the AEM since the AEM doesn't exist.

If I'm reading this ruler correctly the Injen is 2.75 in diameter. Your can get AEM bypass valves in different diameters to fit any intake. I don't believe it will block air but there is usually a loss in HP when using a bypass valve (according to a dyno). It's only about 1 hp so you'll never even notice it while driving. I ran one for a while on my car and it didn't effect the performance. But unless you have alot of rain where you are or plan on putting your tC in a lake I wouldn't even worry about it.

If your interested in the Injen cai let me know.

Josh

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?...=2&parts_id=688

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very interested in it.

Where do you ship from?

How hard is the install? Should I take it to the dealership?

I heard of someone installing one of these and their car wouldn't start afterwards.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Socks(hydro shields), By-pass-valves all restrict airflow. Loss of Power; and the little HP that you actually gain. +3 hp -4 hp. = -1 hp. Yay
How likley will you submerge your car into more than a foot of water anyway? If you are getting an intake, then get it. Stop being scared. Bypass valves just makes your intake COMPLETLEY useless besides for what the sound and the bling is. 300 dollars Not worth it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Jan 27 2006, 04:59 PM
Socks(hydro shields), By-pass-valves all restrict airflow. Loss of Power; and the little HP that you actually gain. +3 hp -4 hp. = -1 hp. Yay
How likley will you submerge your car into more than a foot of water anyway? If you are getting an intake, then get it. Stop being scared. Bypass valves just makes your intake COMPLETLEY useless besides for what the sound and the bling is. 300 dollars Not worth it.
I see that you have never experienced hydrolock.... i had a cold air intake on my last car, no bypass valve, and i was driving home in some heavy rain. i never had a problem before, i always drove home when it was raining and nothing ever happened. Anyways i was driving home that day when it was raining hard and a huge puddle formed in the middle of the parkway, i had to go through it, so i did and what do ya know, the engine light went on and my car stalled.

so in response to your statement, it can happen and it has, thus the creation of bypass valves

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.