Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I am planning on gettin an Injen exhaust in like a week or so and i need to know a few things first. I know lots of people are saying that it hangs very low around the rear axle, so i was wondering if anyone here had any problems with it scraping? Also if you have the injen exhaust will you share some pictues of it from directly behind your car, so that i can get an idea of how low it acctually is. And any other information i might need to know before i buy this sucker

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
it looks like every other oversized exhaust....no sarcasm intended. if you look at the "borla" thread, there are some videos in that you might find interesting with the injen exhaust and how it sounds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i've read that thread and seen those videos...but i want to just get like a picture from directly behind the car so i can see how low this exhaust really hangs. Also i don't want an exhaust that looks like those huge *** mufflers on honda's, and sticks out like no other underneath the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have no problem with the exhaust...it doesnt hang that low at all...ive heared people say that the stock exhaust pipes sits juss as low...i have a picture of my exhaust but its a very bad picture its very low....but all in all the exhaust is great...i love it..but here are some pictures of my car...im lowering it soon so i could update it next week wen i put in the TRD Springs...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, I hope this pic will help you make your decision. I live on Guam--roads on very bumpy here but have no trouble with scraps! Sound quality is great with my INJEN CAI. Photo have poor quality, exhaust little dirty! LOL

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/evo8dreamer/...m/ph//my_photos

Try to post a new pic of it during the daytime, those were all at night!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Stock Exhaust & the TRD exhaust do seem to hang fairly low:

My car with the TRD on.

Stock hangs just as low.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one more question about the Injen exhaust. I know a lot of people have said it has a great low, deep roar and grumble to it, but i do not want it to be to overpowering inside of the car. So my question is, is the Injen exhaust loud and obnoxious while you are driving your TC...i mean come on i still want to listen to my radio and not have it drowned out by the sound of my exhaust.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The exhaust is not loud. With my stock radio, it is fine. Exhaust w/ the intake doesnt get loud until high rpm. It keeps its deep tone, never that "ricer" sound. I will be installing my header 2morrow, will let you know how it sounds. Sorry no video yet. FYI-- it is a little louder then the TRD, if you were wondering.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just installed my Megan header yesterday!
I did notice a pretty good difference in power but still am not satisfied so I ordered the ZPI s-pipe today. The exhaust sound change too. Now on acceleration it has a high pitch sound but after about 3200 RPM it starts to get its deep tone back. When at a set speed, it still has the deep tone too. Installation was pretty simple, about 1 hour.

I will be taking my tC to the track on Saturday for the first time. Dont know what to expect, but keep into consideration all cars that have came here to Guam from the states run about .5 second slower. Meaning if a stock tC can run about a 15.7 in the states, here it will run about 16.1-16.3. Humidity and temperature here--SUCKS

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you check out the "Borla Exhaust" thread, you can find some Injen clips that I'd linked.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check this vid out-- my tC with only the Injen exhaust-- this was my first mod to my car--

http://www.zfver.com/vids/streetracing/CelicaGT-vs-TC.wmv

let me know what you think

Check out this website--- www.zfver.com -----a friend of mine started this website to show friends in the states what guam has to offer! He drives the 300z so there are alot of vids of him on there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This vid is my friend against a celica gt-s. His tC at the time only had INJEN CAI and a custom straight-pipe from the stock header on back. He now lives in Little Rock.

http://www.zfver.com/vids/streetracing/TC_vs_Celica.wmv

I raced the gt-s the other day after installing my header and I had him from a roll but then he started to come back on me. Race ended due to traffic!

Also the driver of the tC --- first time ever racing on the day vid taken.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.