Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed the injen exhaust (loving it) but the pipe that bends hangs kind of low, i was wondering if it will start scraping after i install the trd springs later..?

thanks, if anyone can answer for me.

i love this site, btw.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
you should be fine unless you installed it wrong and it hangs freakishly low. Not likely though. TRD's only are 1.5" to 2" at the most. You'll be good.

·
Registered
508 Posts
the only way your exhaust would scrape is if you tried to strattle the car over a rock or something. other than that you dont have to worry about speed bumps or anything bc the exhaust pipe hangs between the wheels. so when your wheels go over something the exhaust is going to raise up.

so like i said unless you are trying to straddle the car over something that you shouldnt youll be fine.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Yea, I measured it a few days ago. It is close to 5 1/2" above the ground, but it sounds so damn good who cares

-Eric

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah I have the tanabe springs and the injen exhaust its ok I havnt scraped anything yet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
1" drop?? i take it you're not runnin TRDs? i've only had em on for a month and a half and i can tell ya for sure that they're more than an inch.

and there's ed's thread about how low they are too.

anyone have a pic of the ground clearance of the injen exaust with trd springs?

·
Registered
281 Posts
when i measured from the top of my tire to the fender proio to installing ym TRD springs on stock struts, and then again afer install, it was only a 1" drop front and back. i got them cause the dealer told me they were a 1.5" drop front and rear, so i was a little pissed, but it actually looks real good with these. but this was just My measurement

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've had my trd springs for little over a month now, it seems like at 2 inch drop. I got friends telling me if its a 2 inch drop and i tell them "no its 1.25" They give me this wierd look.

·
Registered
191 Posts
JD, how long have you had them for? cuz mine just DROPPED like crazy.. ed's took a bit of time.. it could just be takin urs a bit longer to settle.. because yeah.. looking at my rear wheels.. it does seem close to 2".

which is why i'm still contemplating the injen. i heard it, love the growl.. but i remember reading somewhere that it had around 5" of clearance on the stock suspension set up.. and if i'm lookin at almost a 2" drop... 3" isn't gonna clear the snow...

·
Registered
281 Posts
ok ok ok, on the scion AND trd website they indicate that the TRD lowering springs for the TC give a 25mm, drop here is a conversion chart i found when i put in 25mm in: 0.9843" which is right under one inch
heres the website i got it from http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length

type in 25 in the millimeter section and hit convert, it converts it to about 30 different units of measurement. so 1" IS the drop for the TRD springs on stock struts heres what i copied from the scion website:

Disclaimer
Base MSRP $16,200
Del, Proc & Handling $540
Accessories $199
Grand Total $16,939

Disclaimer
Estimated Monthly Payment
(Based on good credit and a 60-month contract) $329.45

Oops...
Sorry, the system has encountered an error and can't load the content you requested at this time.

Automatic
Manual

Azure Pearl
Black Cherry Pearl
Black Sand Pearl
Classic Silver Metallic
Flint Mica
Nautical Blue
Super White

Ground Effects Kit $995

Fog Lights $425

*Mud Guards (Installation not included) $38

Front End Mask $169

Yakima Rack $287

Rear Tail Lights by TYC $375

Rear Bumper Protector $58

Rear Lip Spoiler $385

Pedestal Spoiler $423

B Pillar Appliques by Superior Dash $75

License Plate Frames

Gold $45.95

Black $42.95

Chrome $36.95

Auto Dimming Mirror $310

Cargo Liner $104

Door Sill Enhancements $115

Ashtray Insert $18.50

Sport Steering Wheel (Gray) $279

Cargo Tote $40

Cargo Net $49

2 in 1 Carpet and Cargo Mats $145

SRS Side & Side Curtain Airbags $650

Scion Security $469

LED Illumination

None

Amber $250

Blue $250

Sport Pedal Covers by OBX Racing Sports

None

Silver $79

Shift Knob by OBX Racing Sports

None

Classic Leather $59

Speed Star $59

Speed Star Mesh $59

Pioneer AM/FM/CD Deck $0

Pioneer AM/FM/CD + iPod Capability $260

10" Subwoofer by Bazooka $449

Satellite Radio

Sirius Satellite Radio $449

XM Satellite Radio $449

EMX Super 7 18" Alloy Wheels $1,565

Alloy Wheel Locks $59

*TRD Struts/Shocks Kit $525

*TRD Lowering Springs Kit $199

*TRD Assembly Clutch $650

*TRD Quick Shifter $281

TRD Sport Muffler $525

Billet Oil Cap and Battery Tie Down by AEM $120

TRD Front Strut Tie Bar $245

*TRD Cold Air Intake $440

*TRD Lowering Springs Kit $199

disclaimer
*Installation not included
Drop your tC an additional 25mm while improving your ride's overall stability and ground control with this kit from TRD. The springs are finished in pearl white.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Originally posted by Einstein+Jan 22 2006, 08:41 PM-->QUOTE (Einstein @ Jan 22 2006, 08:41 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-ecks
@Jan 22 2006, 08:11 AM
3" isn't gonna clear the snow...
I think the exhaust will be hot enough that the snow will not be a problem. [/b]
i'd have to be driving reaaaallllyyy slow down the alleys for that to happen..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.