Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That seems like a lot of horsepower from a air intake. I don't even think that headers for TC's add that much horsepower.

Is this possible? 12HP from intake

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It says, that Injen did a dyno on it. Here is the link Ebay Page

I also thought it was like 1 hp or none.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The only noticeable horsepower increases from an intake can only be felt whilst under the influence of heavy drinking. And even then, you could be riding a moped and it'd be like 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Intake gains its power from air when the car is moving. How will a dyno prove this truthfully?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is true probably at WOT but not the correct WHP due to drivetrain loss which amounts to about 15-25%. I do have the Injen installed, and you feel it above 3K in RPMS... but you lose some low end power. Lots of threads about CAI and SRI all over the place if you want to do some research.

·
Registered
57 Posts
An intake could give you 12 HP. You would need some kind of tuning aide. Like an Apexi SARC II. You would need to also do it at a dyno and you might be able to get about 8-12 hp if you correctly tune it. Bolt ons don't really give you any power, to see the true power you need to tune the car correctly. So, it is possible to get more then 2 hp out of it, and you might even get 12hp, I would prove it but I don't have an intake, but on the other hand I do have the Apexi SAFC II.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
You can get 12 HP out of an intake the same way there are 1,200 HP Supras on the cover of thsoe car magazines.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
As long as there are enough people out there who will believe anything based on a "dyno," companies like Injen will continue to publish their "proven results."

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.