Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I want a small powered sub to give the bass a little help, no crazy boom-boxing stuff and I was wondering if anyone had the Infinity BassLink. It is a little pricey, but space is a priority and I’d be willing to pay a premium for it. However, the two cars I’ve been in extensively with Infinity systems have been piss poor. I know they are factory system and 5 and 10 years old, but I take it into consideration. If you do have a BassLink, do you recommend it? where did you put it? how hard was the install? or is there something you recommend other than the BassLink? Can you use a factory system or do I need a new head unit? I think that's enough for today........

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Never had a BassLink, but pretty much since day one of having the tC I had an 8" bazooka *tube* - install was a snap (scion makes a plug-and-play harness for bazookas), and the way I mounted the tube it's held by 2 wing nuts, so it takes about 30 seconds to remove and drop in front of the rear seat.

I also had a JBL BassPro in my previous car - it's a 6" quad-coil powered sub and in a Matrix that had 2x the interior space it sounded better than the bazooka tube.

Btw, I still have that BassPro with a complete wiring kit

Oh, forgot to mention - Bazookas go on eBay for about $60/piece and wiring harness from Scion is about $40, maybe less - I don't remember now. And I will gladly let go of the JBL BassPro with wiring kit for $75.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be intrested in the bazooka if I could put it in the rear seat footwell. does the wiring harness kit include everything I need? any quality issues with the bazooka? thanks for your time

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The wiring kit is basically a harness - snaps into the HU and clicks into the tube - and you are done wiring... It will fit in front of the rear seats - might be a nice place for it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Infinity systems are awesome..given the age of ur past cars, they are great platforms used a lot by luxury car makers..

but about the questions about the BassLink..the BassLink works really well for the amount of space it uses..its about a squarefoot and pumps out some really nice bass..it is a little pricey, but given the space factor that you dont want to use, id go for it..where else can u get a self powered unit that takes up only a foot of trunk space from a credible company with good quality bass? Infinity!! I had the BassLink in my MazdaSpeed Protege and it hit just right..now dont get me wrong, its not ground pumping bass like a lot of high end systems, but it was perfect..i say go for it..good luck with ur car!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts

I couldn't be happier with it. About $200 shipped off of eBay, and it produces wonderful, transparent low end. This is not the sub for you if you want to boom up and down the block-- you're not looking at a whole lot of excursion from a sub with 96dB sensitivity. What you will get is bass response that is very musical-- when you get the gain tuned in, it melts seamlessly into the rest of the system.

I highly recommend it to the "normal" listener. If you were the type that throws 2k watts at four 12s, you wouldn't be asking the question, so I'll go on the assumption that you're normal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys, and the Doctor for the pic. Looks like it won't be seen when the hatch is down. I don't know what I'd do with 4x12's.....unless it's a guitar amp. I just wanna feel the string bass in my jazz collection so I think this is gonna be a good pic. I've found several on ebay for around $200. Dr. Isotope and/or dwnrytepnoi , what gauge wiring kit did you use? what about the harness? do you have the factory HU, or aftermarket. Thanks again guys.

looks I'd have to move my mini-fridge to make it fit............

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forgot to ask before, do you use the remote? where did you put it? any pics would be sweet

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by Jagman6284@Apr 27 2005, 10:14 PM
what gauge wiring kit did you use?
what about the harness?
do you have the factory HU, or aftermarket.
do you use the remote? where did you put it? any pics would be sweet
I ran 8ga. The Basslink actually only calls for "12ga or larger"-- it only has a 12A peak draw, after all.
I'm using an aftermarket HU, so I'm running off of RCAs with a remote lead. Harnesses still neatly bundled in the box.
Of course I use the remote!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.