Scion tC Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I always thought it was a nice avatar.

Anyway, sorry to hear about it, D, but glad to hear you're okay. You assessed your options, and chose the least costly. Oooh, I like that idea of having a back-up bumper for long trips. How hard is it to take off and replace the front bumper, anyway?

·
Registered
69 Posts
PTI!

·
Registered
255 Posts
WOW sorry to hear bout ur car Damon...that sucks. i should come by and see u guys soon, check out ur new and improved bumper. And btw whats this clear bra thingy that is the new rage. i keep hearin bout it but im clueless.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear about your car. Atleast the damage isn't worse.
Sweetpea: Check it out

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Originally posted by Pharoh@Sep 8 2005, 08:42 PM
I always thought it was a nice avatar.
oh sh!t. i didnt realize you were rocking that avatar, pharoh. my bad. i wasnt trying to window shop your style. give me til 1, i will swap it out.

<what a biter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer+Sep 8 2005, 08:58 PM-->QUOTE (lo bux racer @ Sep 8 2005, 08:58 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-TopeExplosivo
@Sep 8 2005, 04:48 PM
Perhaps you are just upset that someone called you on the fact that the one place in Thailand you chose to visit is the world's biggest whorehouse.  I don't care what you did there, it is none of my business, and I don't judge how people want to party, as long as you weren't down there buying little boys, which I assumed you hadn't.  I got to travel around Thailand a bit with my former Muay Thai coach, and it was pretty serious business most of the time, so I have a bit of a different perspective perhaps.
Do you pay taxes? You paid for the trip. Thanks! It was part of an around the world tour from Sacramento to Kadena AB, Okinawa; to Utapao AB/Pattaya, to Diego Garcia (garden spot of the IO); to Harare, Zimbabwe; to Dakar, Senegal; to Cape Canaveral, Florida; to San Antonio, Texas; and finally back to Sacramento.

I was part of an Air Force aircrew flying missions out of Utapao. Did I GO to get laid? No. Did I get laid? No, it's not my thing. I didn't swim in the water because it's full of raw sewage, I didn't do any of the tourist stuff except go to a club with some friends one night. And damn sure no, I didn't get in the ring to get my ass kicked by a local kickboxer.

So who called me on what again? And how is your perspective any different than mine? [/b]
What part of "I don't care what you did there" was so hard to understand?

I tried to explain I was joking around (that's why I used multiple smileys and a goofy song parody in my first post) and I tried to get this back on topic. I don't know what else I can do since you are so absolutely DETERMINED to be a jerk.

Nice to know there are SOME nice people around here, though. I'll just choose to ignore you from now on, you can ignore me, and we'll call it a day. Or you can continue to be a surly and not let it go. It's up to you, and thanks to people like you who served, it is still a free country and you can do as you please. As for me, this is my last reply to you. You may have the last word if you wish.

Inevitablegod: My studio is right across the street from an excellent bodyshop that does a bunch of work by hand on classics, exotics, and other things I cannot afford. Over the last few years, I've gotten to know them, so I know how nice those kinds of friendships can be. Work in trade rocks. I've got a long-term 1st Gen Z project going on (and off...and on, and off) and they have really helped me with everything from how to not buy a rust bucket (you've got to look in specific places where it tends to hide on those cars) to teaching me some minor and not-so-minor bodyworking skills.

I'd seriously consider doing a custom, one-off kit with that thing if I were in your shoes with your resources as a dealer. It wouldn't even need to be that radical. I've seen somebody around here or on that other site with a photoshop of the current bumper, but just stretched down a bit. It looked so sick, yet it was so perfect with the design of the tC, (which I think is really beautifully designed,) that you couldn't really tell what was so different about it. That's what I'd like to do. I guess I'd need to learn to glass first though!

Either that, or something like those touring kits you see on baddass Audi Quatros sometimes.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
^He can't read my title under my avatar. Sad day. It's OK, I have nothing to contribute to the site anyway.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Originally posted by TopeExplosivo@Sep 9 2005, 07:04 PM
Inevitablegod: My studio is right across the street from an excellent bodyshop that does a bunch of work by hand on classics, exotics, and other things I cannot afford. Over the last few years, I've gotten to know them, so I know how nice those kinds of friendships can be. Work in trade rocks. I've got a long-term 1st Gen Z project going on (and off...and on, and off) and they have really helped me with everything from how to not buy a rust bucket (you've got to look in specific places where it tends to hide on those cars) to teaching me some minor and not-so-minor bodyworking skills.

I'd seriously consider doing a custom, one-off kit with that thing if I were in your shoes with your resources as a dealer. It wouldn't even need to be that radical. I've seen somebody around here or on that other site with a photoshop of the current bumper, but just stretched down a bit. It looked so sick, yet it was so perfect with the design of the tC, (which I think is really beautifully designed,) that you couldn't really tell what was so different about it. That's what I'd like to do. I guess I'd need to learn to glass first though!
i agree, the front bumper on the tC is very nice in it's own regard, and needs very little modification in my opinion. but, a simple downward extension following the same lines as the original bumper is what i have always seen in my head. no radical angle changes, no big freakin downforce lip in front. no sharp edges, smoothed and rounded like the tC is already. "stretch" the second grille hole down, and match that along the corners, opening the useless corner holes up and ducting it in for brake cooling. custom upper and lower grilles to match. simple, clean, and subtle. stealth. hell, i have the bumper. and i can easily obtain a stock set of side skirts for free. if it was done right, the factory lip kit rear piece could be used to complete it.

i'm down. dont suppose you are in the norcal area?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nope. Texas. Like I said though, I'd have to learn to glass from scratch, so I might not be the best parter anyway. I do have pretty proper prep, filling, sanding, and priming skills, so I wouldn't be totally useless. In fact, I'm the only person I know who actually enjoys stick sanding! The only thing I don't think I'd trust myself with is shooting final paint/clear at this point. I need a lot (say about 100 years) more gun time with a proper HVLP setup before I'd trust myself to paint something major on my car.

I do like your idea of actually using the ducting for brake cooling. Who'da thunk it?

Actually, it sounds like we are talking about the exact same thing. After all, our cars were designed by actual car designers, and those guys did a pretty great job if you ask me. Some guys just cant wait to change it radically, and if that makes them happy, great. I'm kind of leaning toward modding things in a more subtle fashion, so it's still different and personal, but still reflects the expertise/vision of the designers.

Plus, as I read the other thread about the anti-modding crusade in California, I think subtle is probably better for y'all at this point anyway.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
retail on the front bumper cover is about $225 unpainted. available at your local scion dealer.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.