Scion tC Forums banner

Impromptu Night Drive

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  iGod 
#1 ·
moriarty and i went out late last night for a spur of the moment night drive up to Yuba Pass, so we could take HWY20 down to nevada city. that was my first time on hwy 20, but i would take it again. what a lot of fun that road is late at night. good thing is, it really just cuts through the middle of nothing, with the only hazards being sharp corners and deer if you were to come across one. we didnt. posted speed limits ranging from 25mph corners to 55 mph straight-aways. 45 mph corners at 80 are no problem, but the 35mph's are super fun at about 65. a couple of places it gets a bit tight with quick right-left-right-left 35's, giving my nitto's quite the workout and getting a little loose once or twice.

reason i mention this - when we do this type of thing (which we plan to, we like the night drives), anyone here in our area down to burn some fossil fuels with us? i mean, since i gotta pay 3 bucks a gallon, i figure i might as well have a good time running it empty.

so, who's down? cause i will start and sticky a nor-cal impromptu night drive thread. and we will cover from red bluff to lodi and from the coast to the eastern foothills in search of good roads to drive. that means no matter what norcal area you are in, we will probably be coming your way.

post here if you are interested. if i get enough response, i will start the thread.

See less See more
#6 ·
^^^ thanks for the info.

so does that mean you would join us for these events?

#7 ·
Originally posted by aj2k3@Oct 5 2005, 03:11 PM
I too am down for a night run. Two things though, where exactly is it (geography isn't so good), and can we do a run under the full moon sometime? (I'm a bit of a night spirited person)
"it" would be different roads in different areas. so, depending on where you are, it may be closer or further than anyone else. where are you located?

#10 ·
well then, good morning to you, too, jake.

aj2k3 - keep an eye out for events. i doubt we will be running to bakersfield for a night drive anytime soon, thats a minute too far down the freeway. but, watch for when we do a big meet, and hopefully you will join us.

#11 ·
inevitablegod - thanks, and I'll keep my eyes open. Just let me know when these big events happen. I also need some help on my modification project. I need some schimatics on the tC, just the top of the car, i.e. hatch, moonroof, trunk. Thanks, I hope someone will be able to help me out.

#12 ·
You got my number. You know I'm down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.