Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know we all love our TC's. but if there was one thing that you wish that our cars had from the factory what would it be? now for the catch......
keep it something simple so it wouldnt raise the price to more than $1500-2000, as the base price. mine would be a rear windshield wiper.

please no lsd's or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Originally posted by JDangle@Feb 20 2006, 07:33 PM
please no lsd's or anything like that.
That is what immeadiatley sprang into my mind when i read the topic title.

I wouldn't mind a rear wiper. But thing I would like most is better bolsters for the seats. I find my self sliding around in my seat way to much for a stock suspension. It wil get even worse when the weather gets warmer and I put on my 245s, hotchkis sways and Tein SS-Ps.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I want a glass roof delete option / solid roof option. I'd actually accept this at-cost (i.e. lose the power roof, don't get any money back for it).

Granted, I'm very very handling-oriented, but I'm also annoyed by the way the roof creaks and groans whenever I enter ramps at an angle or the little snaps and pops from above when I drive across highway expansion joints. I'd prefer quietness and unit body solidity over the function it grants me, which I do not consider critical in any way. As for handling, that solidity goes hand-in-hand with the dramatically reduced weight from the very top of the car (lowered center of gravity by a huge margin) for a clear and noticeable improvement in handling--ARHHK. The entire car itself is sturdier and quieter just because he replaced the moonroof with a solidly bolstered carbon fiber panel--imagine if the car came with a solid roof to begin with rather than trying to patch it up!

-Ed

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Wiper would ruin the lines of the car.

I like the seat bolsters.. I don't move at all.

How 'bout... 6 speed manual?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Feb 20 2006, 04:57 PM
Wiper would ruin the lines of the car.

I like the seat bolsters.. I don't move at all.

How 'bout... 6 speed manual?
Wouldn't that be less of an option and more of a replacement/improvement on the 5-speed? I doubt they'd offer both at the same time.

That or they swap the 5-speed for a 6-speed when you opt into the moonroof delete.

-Ed

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
How about a simple one-- just a light in the glovebox, please. Blower motor powerful enough to use a cabin air filter would have been nice, too. And seeing as the market Scion is marketed toward, I think taking a bit of the eBay technology and giving us color-changing cluster/console lighting would have been a killer selling point, and can't cost too much, because the $25 eBay indiglos can change colors.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
ah yes... factory projectors....

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by undeSiReD_eFx+Feb 20 2006, 09:35 PM-->QUOTE (undeSiReD_eFx @ Feb 20 2006, 09:35 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-krdshrk
@Feb 21 2006, 12:20 AM
throw some angel eyes on those and we're good to go!
[/b]
Right, and amber signal LEDs in the eyebrow and voila--you're driving a faux-Bimmer.

Wait, we already are. Oh well.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Isotope@Feb 20 2006, 11:45 PM
How about a simple one-- just a light in the glovebox, please. Blower motor powerful enough to use a cabin air filter would have been nice, too. And seeing as the market Scion is marketed toward, I think taking a bit of the eBay technology and giving us color-changing cluster/console lighting would have been a killer selling point, and can't cost too much, because the $25 eBay indiglos can change colors.
YESSSSS!!!!! +++++++++++++++++++++++1 i strongly agree with this, as it is what i was gonna say.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog+Feb 21 2006, 12:40 AM-->QUOTE (EddNog @ Feb 21 2006, 12:40 AM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2006, 09:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-krdshrk

Right, and amber signal LEDs in the eyebrow and voila--you're driving a faux-Bimmer.

-Ed [/b]
is it possible to splice into the turnsignal wires and run an LED strip (housed in the eyebrows) of that same power source that would light up the eyebrows without technical difficulties? i want to do SUMTHING with them!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I could also go for a telescoping steering wheel. And while you're at it, get that damn cruise control lever off of the steering wheel and put it back on the column... or get rid of it completely. That thing annoys me.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by AcrimoniousBear+Feb 23 2006, 09:40 AM-->QUOTE (AcrimoniousBear @ Feb 23 2006, 09:40 AM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2006, 09:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-krdshrk

-Ed
is it possible to splice into the turnsignal wires and run an LED strip (housed in the eyebrows) of that same power source that would light up the eyebrows without technical difficulties? i want to do SUMTHING with them! [/b]
You'll get hyperflash without some sort of regulator.

-Ed

·
Registered
507 Posts
how about a set of fog lights that actually mount in the foglight holes on the bumper.

what happen with that deal. it looks like it was a last minute idea to offer foglights for the car so they said hey, lets just put some rally lights in the middle with a grille.

a nice set of projector headlights with projector style foglights in the foglight holes would look hot. atleast i think it would.

·
Registered
567 Posts
How about heated side mirrors? Or the light in the glove box??? Or maybe lights on the vanity mirrors...nothing huge. Just give me more light. lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would like to second the telescoping steering wheel. Resume bangings knees on the steering column..........................now.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.