Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, pretty new to cars (real cars, i've been into R/C cars for a long time) and my parents decided to let me build their next car
oh boy, they're sure in for it.
Well, i've got about 25k as a budget

So, im thinking about
Scion TC, interior Led lighting, racing pedals, lowering suspension kit - $18,000
Lambo Doors -$ 1,500
Enkei - Arashi set -$ 1,000
Ground Effects Raven -$ 1,000
Spoiler *a cheap one is fine* -$ 300
Neon Underglow -$ 300
Vinyls -$ 300
Racing Seats with proffesional race harness -$ 700

Yup, so thats what im willing to spend on the following items... this adds up to be...
$23,100 i've considered the cost of shipping and tax and added a bit more to each of the items to compensate. I should have enought for the parts, but i'm not exactly too familiar with this stuff.

I'm probably going to have to bring this stuff to someone and have them help me install it. Do mod shops help guys (like me) install this stuff? and if they do, at what price? i've only got about $2,000 to spare on installation and service, maybe even less because of not adding enough for shipping/tax up on the list. I'll post up the sites where i got this stuff. I'm not sure if these sites are reputable dealers or anything, so please give me recommendations!

raven body kit

Aluminum Spoilers

Racing seats

Lambo Doors

neon underglow

Enkei Arashi...seems like they only have 17" any 20" out there? will it even fit the scion?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Well you better cut some items off your list, that body kit, painted correctly, installed and fitted will be easily $1500-$2000 labor, don't be suprised if it is more. Those lambo doors are probably around 800-900 labor. Also don't forget if the shop doesn't order the pieces chances are they will charge you more for labor and not warranty anything. I wish i had someone that would spend 25K on me.....

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, you arent going to get all that done right for the price you are mentioning. and you want it done right. paint and body work is expensive if you want it to look showroom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
=( there goes the car haha, well ... if i only get the lambo, body kit, itll be...24,500 aroundish

so... dya think i'll have enough for the neon and the spoiler? i really want those 4 on it at least if i can't have the others. I think i might be able to go 1k or so over 25k budget

Edit * how much is it to put on vinyls? i think i might have 4 or 6 i wanna put up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, its sorta for my parents, i'm probably going to drive it later on =D

righto, so yea... how much would it be to install the neon, spoiler and... some vinyls?
edit* hmm is it possible to exchange the tires on teh stock scion and put it on the arashi rims? cuz itll be a lot cheaper..maybe by 500 if i can get my parent's approval

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
all these questions about how much it will cost is going to be dependent on who you get to do the work. i mean, i could quote you what it would cost at my shop, but that doesnt mean it will cost the same somewhere else. i dont even know where you live to get an idea.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
also, will be serving yourself better to ditch the stock rubber asap and upgrade there, keeping the stock 17's for a while. the stock tires suck ass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mm ic, depends on where i get service? well, I live in California Pasadena and i've got a cousin who works in a car shop, but he's into repair and stuff. So i might or might not be able to get him to help me, but I'm probably going to have to go to a specialty shop won't I?

oh sweet, i just noticed you're in So Cal, so i might actually be close to you, where's your shop at? Could you give me a quote for the stuff anyways? to compare? Thanks

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
actually, i am in NorCal, sacramento to be exact. i grew up in SoCal, though. some vinyls is not even remotely specific enough. do you need them cut and applied, just applied, how many, where, etc... it is a job that is best quoted when the project is seen in person. an hour of labor on a spoiler is plenty, and depending on the shop, rates range greatly. we bill at 85 an hour. as for underbody lights, we would probably bill that at two hours. now, the alternative is taking it to someone who can do the work, but isnt associated with a shop. costs less, but no guarantees on the work. if you follow the link in my sig to the so cal tc club, you would most likely find people in your area who could recommend a shop or a guy or a something that can help you out.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Dude, if you want a body kit, and you HAVE to get one, go with the kaminari, IMHO, that raven kit is fugly. And PLEASE don't go and put vinyls on the car.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I know its his car and his money and he has the right to do whatever he feels like to it. But to see a really riced out Tc can hurt sometimes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i gotta admit, i think the front bumper of the raven is pretty ugly, but i like the back...hmm its probably going to be more expensive to swap it out with a single part but gah...tight budget

im thinking about the ...navy blue with two stripes of racing vinyls of white running down the middle of the car, excluding front and back windshield of course

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by JP'sTc@Dec 31 2005, 10:58 PM
Dude, if you want a body kit, and you HAVE to get one, go with the kaminari, IMHO, that raven kit is fugly.
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black...

BTW, "Lambo" doors are lame.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.