Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys. Newbie here thinking about getting a Scion Tc as my next car. I am currently in Iraq for the next 5 months. I will be coming home around begining of March. I own a 99 new beetle and I am looking foward to trading it in and getting something more realiable. I will probably be buying it in Ohio(where I am from) and then driving it to California(where I am stationed). I would love to just get it when I get to Cali but I am going to be getting married when I come home and moving my future wife with me out to California. Also I have the problem with my current car which I need to trade in at all costs. I just dont think it would make it to Cali so that is why I want to get a new car. There isnt alot of things wrong with my car but there are enough things wrong that I dont want to sink alot of money into a car that I am going to turn around and sell/trade in anyway. I have about 15 payments left so I pretty much owe what it is worth right now. The credit union I have is very easy to get loans through. Pretty much is when I go back to Cali before I head home for awhile, I will apply for the loan and get a check for whatever amount. Then take it to Ohio and purchase whatever car I want. I am thinking I should be able to get around 13000 for a used car. So money will not be too much of a problem right now. So I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the Tc, or another car that might be of seem interest to look at.Thank you in advance.

· Registered
331 Posts
well obviously we are all biased here man, but seriously, i have owned my 06 for about 2 months now, and about 3800 miles later, i am in love with this car. its the perfect balance of power, handling, and comfort for under 20k that u can get IMO. you won't regret buying a tc. i know i don't!

· Registered
1,554 Posts
It seems that based on what you're saying, you'll want to get one immediately. tC's can sometimes still be hard to come by. If you are sure you want to get a tC, it may be worthwhile to make contact with a dealer or two in the area where you'll be buying in an attempt to make one available when you'll need it.

· Registered
202 Posts
Very little not to love about this car. I am now at 12,000 miles, no problems at all. Great fun to drive, comfortable, a showstopper in looks. Safe, loaded, unique. And tons of mods for it, plus Toyota reliability. Worth way more than its price.

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Originally posted by DevilBuckeye@Sep 20 2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Does anybody else have anything else to add????
devil dog?

anyway, i am quite sure you will find quite a bit of enjoyment from the scion tC. and it really comes down to all the little things that this car has to offer. you can flip through the pages of this forum or various other articles from places like forbes, car and driver, kelly blue book, consumer reports... you get the idea.

bottom line you get more than what you pay for.

· Registered
17 Posts
Check out both the Tc and the new '06 Civic. I personally like the Civic over the Tc but you should really test both out and see what hits your sweet spot. Compare the Tc with the Civic EX model, that is the comparable model but it is a little more expensive although the Civic has the nice stereo system with subwoofer and side airbags standard. If gas mileage is a concern the Civic gets 30/38 and the Tc 22/28 (auto).

· Registered
16 Posts
Sorry I took so long to respond - too many hurricane distractions in the Houston area!

I would agree with most of the earlier replies. The tC is an excellent car and excellent value. But don't assume that just because everyone (or most) on this forum are hot on the tC, that it must be right for you. Make sure to read about, look at and test drive not only the tC, but the Honda Civic, Mazda 3i, etc... Then there won't be any question that you picked the right car for YOU, whatever it turns out to be. (That's especailly important if you plan to keep the vehicle for a long time.)

Good luck with the search.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Mazda 3s would be better than the 3i, but my parents tested out a Mazda 6 (they rented one on a trip to florida), and said it wasn't comfortable at all, and the ride was very rough). Mazda 3's just a smaller version of the 6.

Easy way of saying it is: Do your research. I spent a LOT of time on http://auto.consumerguide.com researching the different models.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Mazda3 smells too much like a focus for my taste.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.