Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Album

Wheels locked up on this turn...I had sway bars and springs for the suspension upgraded.

I will know Monday if she'll ever drive again. I have full insurance so I just have to be patient...

The most important thing to me is that I was the only one in the car and that I'm alive, after all, it is ONLY a car. I couldn't easily been in far worse condition right now but I'm so very thankful for my health.

On another note...thank GOD i have been physically active the past couple of months, I hit HARD and only a few cuts and bruises. Try to stay in shape because anything can happen, even if it's not your fault...

Enjoy your car and take care of her:confused:

·
Registered
244 Posts
obviously you had to been speeding or driving out the ordinary, but im not gonna knock ya for that sense im just as guilty. may i ask how fast you was going and what you was trying to do?

nad yea i bet its totaled out, but sense you got full coverage your insurance will take care of you.

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Album

Wheels locked up on this turn...I had sway bars and springs for the suspension upgraded.

On another note...thank GOD i have been physically active the past couple of months, I hit HARD and only a few cuts and bruises.
Try to stay in shape because anything can happen, even if it's not your fault...

Enjoy your car and take care of her:confused:
lolz

Bummer about the car though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is that all the damage because i work next to a body shop and i have seen a lot worse get repaired so I am pretty sure it will not be totaled but make sure you get a good body shop because that makes all the difference in the finished product

·
Registered
191 Posts
Tip of the day: slow down so you don't hurt yourself or others.

Sorry to hear about the car.. it looks totaled to me, but you never know. Glad you're alright!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The guy who pulled it out of the ditch fucked the wheel up even more. It was still attached but slightly angled at first but then he finally got it out (after bumping the bill up another $200) and it was a mess....

·
Registered
806 Posts
The guy who pulled it out of the ditch fucked the wheel up even more. It was still attached but slightly angled at first but then he finally got it out (after bumping the bill up another $200) and it was a mess....
I smell a lawsuit...do it because he wasn't trained for the job and he caused unnecessary damage to your car. You'll win the case even in small claims court, and be reimbursed for the fees.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
I smell a lawsuit...do it because he wasn't trained for the job and he caused unnecessary damage to your car. You'll win the case even in small claims court, and be reimbursed for the fees.
Thats just being sue happy. The car was damaged due to a wreck. You cant blame the tow truck operator if something came loose after that wreck while pulling the car out. That is ridiculous. The front end was damaged bad enough that you would have an impossible time trying to argue any kind of case. Not saying some dumbass judge may not rule in favor, but it would be as stupid ruling. Unless you had pictures under the car showing that there was zero damage to the axle, tie rod and control arm before he started pulling it out they have no idea if he caused any damage at all that wasnt already there.

To the OP, glad you came out ok. The car can be fixed\replaced. With the airbags deployed, it is likely totalled though, but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
10,409 Posts
^^
+1.
OP, as a side note, I would suggest that you refrain from any comments as to the speed you were traveling with or who's fault it is.
This is a public forum, and I have seen precedents where a coverage was reduced/refused due to comments on public forums.

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
Yeah totally -- sue someone for money, when the issue wouldn't have even happened had you not been trying to power a FWD car through a turn past it's limits...

Totalling a car isn't based on how bad the car LOOKS -- considering most of the time if there is frame damage they will total it.

Regardless... At least you're alright.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts