Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I raced my friends 02 Wrx w/intake n BOV on the highway...I downshifted first into 3rd going about 60...Alls I see is him fly by me and over the hill he goes...I top out at about 125 and he is like a mile ahead...He told me he was going about 140 mph in top gear for him...

Next I race my cousins 92 civic HB w/integra GSR 94-07 motor + intake, full tanabe exhaust and only civic ex ecu w18 inch rims...we take of from a launch....1st race:I honked 3 times,and we both took off...I had him from a launch by like 3 feet until his 3rd gear hit (Vtec) and he pulled me by a car...2nd race, same results....3rd race I get my best launch ever and pull him and he also misses 3rd gear so I won our last race...

Then theres my cousins 2000 celica gt w/intake and exhaust piping...we are cruising on the HW and he downshifts next to me and takes off so I also downshift...He is still about a noselength ahead of me until we hit 110...I start pulling on him and beat him by like a car length at 125mph...then my fuel cuts at 128 so I let off then he flies pass me going 135 he tells me...darn fuel cut sucks...

4th car I raced was a 92 b20motor w/intake exhaust civic hatchback...I see him and I rev at him (we were going about 35 mph only on the 3 lane city streets) ...He downshifts and I downshift into 2nd...I pull him by like 3 cars 2 times...Then I turn right into a neighborhood and he follows me...he was like lets launch...I was like ok...I honked 3 times and I skirted out so much his car just jumped like 3 cars ahead of me...We got out of our cars and talked...He showed me his motor and i was like its ok....

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also raced 2 more cars...I was cruising at 70 mph on the HW and I see this black Tibby come up (Tiburon gt v6)...he flys by me at about 100 mph Im guessing...so im like WTF???...I downshift into 3rd and follow him...We cut thru traffic and I catch on him..(remember he had these 2 huge exhausts also)...We finally get to a straight and he slows down for me...Im pull by him going 100 and slow down also to his speed...We both pull and I actually hung with him but started falling back very slowly (going about 115 mph) and then he gets stuck by a car anf exits...IM ALL STOCK

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
other car was just a 94-01 ls integra w/exhaust and I smoke him bad as hell on the HW...no need to explain such slow cars messing with me

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope...I guess cops dont see...til they see I will stop racing...

·
Registered
515 Posts
At 125 mph doesn't take much to make you lose control, specially on roads not ment for racing. I haven't raced any new civics but the once I have raced against they kept up with me until I hit 3rd gear then I take off. But I am also in an automatic.

If you get caught speeding at 125 don't worry about speeding ticket you won't get one. You'll get arrested instead. at least in NC you will

·
Registered
339 Posts
how do we take off the fuel cut off?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
So far no one has done it. Not like it would be a big deal. The tC accelerates so slowly above 110, it's pretty pointless. If you're really into triple digits, this isn't the car unless you are willing to go to forced induction.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its not so hard tro get to 125mph guys...Ive done it 3 times already...it just takes a little bit...for me fuel cuts off at 128 mph and the engine boggs and the speed drops back to like 123mph etc...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Aug 8 2005, 04:36 AM
its not so hard tro get to 125mph guys...Ive done it 3 times already...it just takes a little bit...for me fuel cuts off at 128 mph and the engine boggs and the speed drops back to like 123mph etc...
BS. My Supra sucks the lights out of the tC above 100. It accelerates hard above 100. Any acceleration over 110 in a tC is painfully slow.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer+Aug 8 2005, 07:46 AM-->QUOTE (lo bux racer @ Aug 8 2005, 07:46 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-bLAziN_ChEnGy
@Aug 8 2005, 04:36 AM
BS. My Supra sucks the lights out of the tC above 100. It accelerates hard above 100. Any acceleration over 110 in a tC is painfully slow. [/b]
yeah the tC may be slow after 110 mph but I did it already and it didnt seem that long because the cars Ive raced were side by side with me all the way and when u think about beating them you dont look at your speed...

·
Registered
542 Posts
do you still have the stock tires on your car? i don't think i'd be trusting that kind of speed with them on there

·
Registered
508 Posts
BS. My Supra sucks the lights out of the tC above 100. It accelerates hard above 100. Any acceleration over 110 in a tC is painfully slow

i guess your supra would be faster then a tc above 100. i hope a supra would be faster then a tc from 0- and up.but anyway, ive taken my tc to 110 at the top of 4th and when i shifted into 5th it still had enough torque to jerk the car and it didnt take much for me to get to 120 when i decided to let off of it. the only thing performance that i have on my car is the greddy exhaust. the next time i get the chance to go to the track on a test and tune day im going to take it down for the first time and see what i can get out of it. when i get the results ill let everyone know what the outcome is.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Here's my problem: I was in a near dead heat with a Chrysler minivan from 90 to 110. The minivan was bone stock, nothing fancy. That sucks. I hate not being able to pull hard on a vehicle nearly twice my size.

Chengy has a point, when you are racing someone you're not thinking about absolute acceleration, but it sure sucks when you're used to blowing past almost anything on the road at soon as the rpm hits 4000 and now your foot is planted on the floor waiting for something to happen or the other guy to give up. It's all relative.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've had no problems going fast, accelerates fine over 110 to me, then again I've never driven a supra, been in a 9 sec one on the highway before...I've had the tc up to 125 easy on 95 and 495, and on the streets I've not had anyone challenge me, not even a stock minivan.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.