Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I wait for my tC to be delivered, I am trying to design a custom rear badge to replace the Scion one. However, I need WxH (depth would be helpful if possible) to ensure a proper fit in the recessed area. I would really appreciate it if someone could pull out the old ruler and give me a hand. Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Scion TCiddA@Jul 27 2004, 11:45 AM
As I wait for my tC to be delivered, I am trying to design a custom rear badge to replace the Scion one. However, I need WxH (depth would be helpful if possible) to ensure a proper fit in the recessed area. I would really appreciate it if someone could pull out the old ruler and give me a hand. Thanks in advance!!!!
I have to say, changing the badge from stock to custom within the first few days you have the car is, ballsy.......

·
Registered
619 Posts
the tC is double sided tape. I took mine off just fine. I have some pics in the member gallery. As far as the Scion logos they are recessed and i have no clue what size they are. they look just like all other toyota badges. i would go measure but i am lazy.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The measurements are 3 1/2 inches width and 2 7/16 inches height. The logos are recessed... I tried to capture it in the pics below...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imasaf thank you very much! The measurements are exactly what I needed and the pictures went above and beyond. I owe you!! Thanks again!!!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Scion TCiddA@Jul 27 2004, 07:02 PM
imasaf thank you very much! The measurements are exactly what I needed and the pictures went above and beyond. I owe you!! Thanks again!!!!!!
yes indeed, a little recession with the logo.............................im very curious as to what your "designing" to take its place. - t

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by Scion TCiddA@Jul 27 2004, 08:02 PM
imasaf thank you very much!  The measurements are exactly what I needed and the pictures went above and beyond.  I owe you!!  Thanks again!!!!!!
Maybe you can make a special logo for me too while you're at it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by TCrazy@Jul 27 2004, 07:12 PM
im very curious as to what your "designing" to take its place. - t
Here are some photobucket links for pictures of what I am working on. I am still tweaking it a bit but I am close to having it ordered/machined. I graduated from the University of Arizona so I started with the Wildcats logo, then cropped it into an oval, then designed it into a machinable 3D part.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v397/ScionTC...urrent=logo.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/v397/ScionTC...nt=ovallogo.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/v397/ScionTC...ent=wildcat.jpg

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
what CAD prog do you use? I was trained on Inventor R4

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Jul 28 2004, 07:08 PM
what CAD prog do you use? I was trained on Inventor R4
As I tried to find a local machine shop online, I found and downloaded a program from emachineshop.com and used the tutorial to figure it out. The cool thing about the software is it gives you pricing options and the ability to order directly through the program.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is awesome.! I am going to change all that out and get a custom one too. I know on some cars it looks good if you leave the whole thing plain. I don't think it could cost too much to get the back filled in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts