Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my license in decemeber and my tc at the end of december...my uncle is vp for toyota and i got one brand new for 5,000. i wana put new speakers in and i have to buy everything....being 16 and with a low paying job the income isnt the best so talking about price range and quality sound...what would be the best speakers someone could recomend that i get for my car....just gonna get 4 6 and a halfs 2 front 2 back and i want the best ones but for a good price...if anyone could help me that would be great...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Originally posted by recampbell45@Jan 15 2005, 08:47 PM
i just got my license in decemeber and my tc at the end of december...my uncle is vp for toyota and i got one brand new for 5,000. 
I'll save my comments about that.

i wana put new speakers in and i have to buy everything....being 16 and with a low paying job the income isnt the best so talking about price range and quality sound...what would be the best speakers someone could recomend that i get for my car....just gonna get 4 6 and a halfs 2 front  2 back and i want the best ones but for a good price...if anyone could help me that would be great...[/b]
Crutchfield is an excellent resource for just about anything do-it-yourself stereo related. The information and installation instructions they supply are top notch and for the benefits they provide, the prices aren't too bad.

Congratulations on your tC.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Best speaker upgrade for very very cheap is leave them the hell alone. For stock stereo these are some decent speakers. Add a conservative sub to the stock HU/speakers and have yourself a sweet sounding audio setup.

Marty and me took the door panels off couple of weeks ago and found that our stock speakers are not paper cones like we feared, so Marty decided to scrap the project and save himself a heckload of time and money. I'd recommend you do the same.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Jan 16 2005, 02:21 PM
^^^ the rears are paper, Andrew, but the fronts are not.
F.C.U.K. it anyway, it sounds decent

But thanks for the correction. I had rear panels off briefly and in the dark - did not pay attention.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Jan 16 2005, 01:34 PM
Best speaker upgrade for very very cheap is leave them the hell alone. For stock stereo these are some decent speakers. Add a conservative sub to the stock HU/speakers and have yourself a sweet sounding audio setup.

Marty and me took the door panels off couple of weeks ago and found that our stock speakers are not paper cones like we feared, so Marty decided to scrap the project and save himself a heckload of time and money. I'd recommend you do the same.
hey zoltiz..

so the factory speakers are pretty decent? i knew they weren't paper up front.. but i believe the rears are.. (in my opinion just used for "Rear fill" anyway)... so replacing the head unit would be the way to go and leave the factory speakers in there? I'm wanting a more "Flat" sound instead of so heavily equalized thanks the the ssp function... so i was thinking of going with an alpine head unit and keeping the speakers.. (already posted this in another thread, but hey thought i'd ask in this one as well).. let me know..

·
Registered
112 Posts
IMHO I would not replace the rear speakers but use the money on buying even nicer speakers for the front. I'm a big fan of component sets, but they require modification of the interior. If you are willing to do that I would go with a high end brand such as focal or mbquart (crutchfield is now selling mbquart). Less money but still really nice are brands such as infinity, memphis audio
, planet audio, polk. If you dont want to modify the interior a high end coaxial by one of the previous brands would be worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc_mich@Jan 17 2005, 05:45 PM
yeah since my tC is a lease.. i bet i could put some aftermarket in there and they would never realize that they aren't stock.. ha ha ha.. polk is great and mb quart is awesome too.. have to think about that..
isn't it a waste of money to upgrade the system in a lease and a large loss of money if they catch you?

·
Registered
664 Posts
yes they could penalize me.. it's why i keep thinking a head unit might be the way to go.. then when i am done with the lease just put in the stock radio.. and put the new head unit in the next car i get

i'd just like to know if the pioneer head unit is equalizing the speakers making them sound better than they actually are..

anyone out there use an aftermarket headunit and keep the stock speakers? do they sound good?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.