Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of putting graphics on my tc but am not sure if I should. Does it affect the paint if I were to take the graphics off in a year? Would the paint be different colors from where the sun couldnt get to it under the graphic? Just wondering if anyone had any ideas??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, Your paint will fade in a year time and you will be able to see the dif. You should be able to wet sand and buff it out. Just try and keep it out of the sun and hand waxed.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think you will not be pleased with the effects on the paint after removal of the graphics. I can remember a 1981 silver clear coated Volvo wagon GLT. It was the 1 millionth Volvo imported to the U.S. . It had a ton of graphics on ot and was used for Volvo company promotion for abut 6 months. It was well waxed and used in various shows. I know the guy who bought it afterward and even though it was buffed out...it would still show where the graphics were after about 3 weeks after the buffing. I do not know if it was the effect of the sun on the paint or the adhessive used on the graphics. I do know it ticked the owner off to no end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.