Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just sitting outside work somking a butt, and I notice that in the line of cars,that my car was sitting in, it was the nicest. Witch got me thinking how much I love my car. When I first got it I chalked it up to having a new car (a gocart would of been better that what I had) but now that I have 3311 miles I can honestly say, Wow can't get much better than this. It has everything, (I'm not much of a racer or car buff) it gose and takes off faster than i would ever need, the style the quality of the interior,the sound system, I could go on forever. Every time I get in to my car or sit there and stare at it, I feel more and more lucky to have it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have never loved any of my cars before. They were just used to get me from one destination to another and sometimes they couldn't even do that. But I agree with you. I love this car. I have never been one to post on car forums and but I find myself reading the mechincal threads on this one all the time wanting to learn more about my car. It's definately the favorite out of all the ones I have owned.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Sings,"im soo in love, with you tC..." -Sean Paul.....

·
Registered
619 Posts
agreed. i find my self walking away form it and taking a double take just looking at it sitting there. i still smile when i am driving and imagine my self on the outside looking in.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I also love this car. More than once I've left work, a store, a restaurant, etc., and seen a really attractive car...only to realize seconds later that it's mine

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah this car is growing on me.. i'm enjoying it.. i walked out of the market today and a guy in his 50's was walking around the car.. he was walking around the front end to see the make of the car.. i didn't get a chance to catch him by the time i got to the car.. the guy's face was like "what is this?!!?".. even the 40-something guy in the 2002 vette was looking over at it too.. no one knows what it is!! lol I love mystery!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by QSJ Ed+Aug 27 2004, 01:29 PM-->QUOTE (QSJ Ed @ Aug 27 2004, 01:29 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-C!ph3r
@Aug 27 2004, 01:21 PM
agreed. i find my self walking away form it and taking a double take just looking at it sitting there. i still smile when i am driving and imagine my self on the outside looking in.

I do the double take ALL THE TIME. [/b]
I guess its not just me then...

·
Registered
614 Posts
i like the way that people look at it and you can tell by their face that they are trying to figure out what car it is and who makes it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It is a pretty cool car.

I can't claim that it's the best one I owned -- I have been buying cars since about 1979. I had a 1973 V-6 Capri that was loads of fun to work on. Then there was this MGB that was like a woman (or a man if you, a woman, is reading this post
) and had to be finessed and sweet talked into running well. And I'll never forget my 3.0L Z3 that was the greatest convertible one could own IMO.

But this car is a scream and fun to work on like my '73 Capri. Unless it throws a rod soon, there will be no regrets!

Dan

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Haha... Dan... thanks for bringing equal gender acknowledgement into this forum... lol.

I have to agree... i love this car like everyone else. I also do a double ... triple... and sometimes quadruple take when I leave it in a parking spot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know what all of you mean. I have about 2500 miles on my TC and I still go on drives to nowhere just to drive it. I can't believe it's not like $25000. I almost feel sorry for people who tell me how much they paid for their car when the TC looks better, goes faster, and is way cheaper than their car. The only thing about this car is that since it is so underpriced, I think in a year I'll be just one of a million people who have one. Hopefully, Toyota will come to their senses and raise the price about $5000.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by TMH357@Sep 1 2004, 12:31 AM
I know what all of you mean. I have about 2500 miles on my TC and I still go on drives to nowhere just to drive it.
LOL...yep, I do that too! I've been getting home about an hour later from work than I really should because I just want to drive...just to drive.

And I completely agree with everyone about the double-triple-quadruple takes...everytime I get out of my car I sorta' sigh 'cause I want to keep driving it. Everytime I park my car in front of my house I look at it a bit...walk to the front door...and turn and glance at it again before I finally go inside. My favorite is when I'm driving downtown at night and I see the car's reflection in all of the glass-front stores. It's just SO SEXY!!!!!!!

And I guess part of my double-take obsession is that, in the back of my head, I'm worried that maybe when I come back outside it won't be there...or at least that it'll have some big a$$ scratch on it from some inconsiderate person.

Oh well, here's hoping that last part is just some kinda' paranoia....

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I LOVE my tC, and like you Loopy, I still do double- and triple-takes when I get out or when I see its reflection in something. I am worried, though, that someone will hit me in the parking deck I'm forced to park in every day -- I do my best to find a side or corner spot, though, which hopefully helps...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Jenn@Aug 27 2004, 12:22 PM
I have never loved any of my cars before.  They were just used to get me from one destination to another and sometimes they couldn't even do that.  But I agree with you.  I love this car.  I have never been one to post on car forums and but I find myself reading the mechincal threads on this one all the time wanting to learn more about my car.  It's definately the favorite out of all the ones I have owned.
i couldn't agree more

·
Registered
116 Posts
I started looking for a new car about 6 months ago...but couldn't find what I wanted. Saw the tC on Sunday and bought it on Monday. I love to tell people how much it cost. I want Scion to raise the price, so there won't be so many on the road, but I want them to keep the price low, so I can buy another one when this one needs replacing...

·
Registered
793 Posts
LOL I think we're probably all thinking along those same lines...

I just worry that Scion really WILL replace the tC in 3 years, and I know I won't be ready for buying another new car by then.

·
Registered
20 Posts
luv my tc........spend half the day staring at it when i 1st got it......now couldnt stop staring.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts